Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2016, 02:13 PM   #1

Dial mode selector spare part

Hi Guys,

I have accidentaly drop my K5II on the floor and damage the dial mode selector.
do you know where i can buy online this spare part ? (i(m living in France)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Redmi 3  Photo 
08-30-2016, 02:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Unfortunately Pentax doesn't sell parts to the public (I assume that is true in Europe as well), so you would be looking at Ebay.
Sending in for repair to an official repair center is probably not worth the cost.

If it is still functioning okay you may just want to live with it.
08-30-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Experience with damaged K5 mode dial

G'day,

I can't assist with sourcing spare parts etc, but I had a similar issue and thought I'd pass on my experience with a damaged K5 mode dial.

For the life of me I have no idea when or how it happened, I just noticed it one day about 3 years ago.Over the time since my K5 has been soaked several times by rain and been close to misting waterfalls on a number of occassions. The dial has always worked and I've not had any operating issues since the dial was damaged.

Looking at your dial I can see a space below the top plate and side. You also appear to have a crack in the side of the dial. This isn't an issue for me however in your case, loss of weather/dust resistance could be the only problem you might face if you don't replace the dial. If the top plate can be pushed back into place and the crack sealed you might find the camera will keep working without a problem. No guarantees of course, but maybe worth considering?

I'd also seek a quote to have the dial replaced to determine how much it is likely to cost you. You can also use the forums, ebay etc to see what the K5 is selling for so you know whether a repair is cost effective.

Below is a pic of my K5 mode dial.

Good luck mate.

Tas
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-31-2016, 12:11 PM   #4

Original Poster
Hi guys

Thaks for reading me
Yes of course i can live with, the camera still working. the dial is not smooth like it was but i'll hope someday i can sell it and buy a K1

now have of course llok on Ebay but got no chance. even if i'll maybe struggle on how to replace it .