Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-29-2016, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #1

Pentax K-1 Pro Kit

So every now and then I browse Instagram with the #pentaxk1 and saw this.

Instagram source

A Pentax x Sigma Pro Kit. Amazingly exquisitely awesome, isn't it?

Attached Images

09-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Why not the Pentax 31mm LTD? Is this a Ricoh product?, a fake?

I think the Sigma's a great lens, but it's just weird that Ricoh would bundle with a 3rd party manufacturer like that, particularly a competing lens manufacturer.
09-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
it's just weird that Ricoh would bundle with a 3rd party manufacturer like that, particularly a competing lens manufacturer.
In some countries (like Australia, and maybe others like Spain) the Pentax distributor is also the Sigma distributor. So it is entirely understandable for such bundles to be offered in some markets. In Australia they've offered Sigma and Pentax bundles for decades.
09-29-2016, 09:48 AM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is the perfect pairing, IMO (minus the body scratches, if that still applies).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-29-2016, 12:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
In some countries (like Australia, and maybe others like Spain) the Pentax distributor is also the Sigma distributor. So it is entirely understandable for such bundles to be offered in some markets. In Australia they've offered Sigma and Pentax bundles for decades.

That makes sense.

It's a great pairing and if the price is better together that's great!
09-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This is the perfect pairing, IMO (minus the body scratches, if that still applies).
I've really lost trust in Sigma autofocus. On the K-1, the 70-200 HSM II did strange things and now I have the 150-500 which seems quirky too. Maybe sending it away for the new mount will help it.
09-29-2016, 04:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
I've really lost trust in Sigma autofocus.
I too lost faith mainly due to the disappointingly erratic AF behaviour of my Sigma 35mm f1.4 on the K-3 and K-5, but so far on the K-1 it seems to be behaving. My 70-200 HSM II has always been solid as a rock [touch wood] on K-5/K-3 and now K-1. So Sigma can be worth the gamble.

09-29-2016, 05:17 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think this kind of collaboration is great, and I hope it encourages Sigma to issue lenses in K-mount.
09-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MadMathMind Quote
I've really lost trust in Sigma autofocus. On the K-1, the 70-200 HSM II did strange things and now I have the 150-500 which seems quirky too. Maybe sending it away for the new mount will help it.
The old lenses seem to have trouble functioning, and the new lenses seem to have trouble focusing consistently. Can't say Sigma has built up a good reputation in that department...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-30-2016, 01:17 AM   #10

You are right, in Spain that kit is also offered.
09-30-2016, 01:23 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Bundles like this make perfect sense. Pentax should do more like this
09-30-2016, 01:26 AM   #12

Yep, i bought my k100D bundled with Sigma 17-70mm DC from an Australian online shop a while ago.