Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #1

Budget Field Monitor for K1

Basically I'm looking for any recommendations on a field monitor for the K1 that I can use in Live View(I have no experience with field monitors so just wanted to check with the Pentax folks).

Basically I would like a field monitor monitor mounted on top of the K1's hot shoe with the HDMI out for the live view while recording video and have the ability to face the subject so they can see themselves.

I was looking at getting the FeelWorld FW759 7". Would this be a decent product to start looking into or does anyone have any recommendations for the K1?

FeelWorld FW759 7" IPS HDMI On-Camera Monitor FW759 B&H

10-22-2016, 12:51 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use a smallHD DP6 - 4 years ago it cost me almost $1000, it's amazing how much the price of these have come down I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work - AMAZING value for money!

The HDMI lock is a really good feature, and a sunshade is handy. Only concern would be battery/power supply. It doesn't come with a battery so you'll need to buy a few Sony L-series type batteries and a Sony L-series type battery charger.

Beyond that, looks fine to me!!
10-24-2016, 09:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for mentioning the battery. I should be able to get some off brand L Sony battery for $60 but ill have to research. I couldn't believe how cheap the monitor is though.
10-25-2016, 04:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure I understand the need, with wifi wouldn't a phone or tablet work?

10-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've a Lilliput 7" monitor and it works quite well.
10-25-2016, 08:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richmondthefish Quote
FeelWorld ...On-Camera Monitor
Looks a good deal.

I love the brand name too.
10-30-2016, 07:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I'm not sure I understand the need, with wifi wouldn't a phone or tablet work?
1) More accurate focus checking

2) Monitoring video

3) Lets you adjust tint and colour temperature, so it should support colour calibration to a degree I haven't heard of any phone or tablet supporting.

Last edited by lithedreamer; 10-30-2016 at 07:47 PM.
11-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by richmondthefish Quote
Basically I'm looking for any recommendations on a field monitor for the K1 that I can use in Live View(I have no experience with field monitors so just wanted to check with the Pentax folks).

Basically I would like a field monitor monitor mounted on top of the K1's hot shoe with the HDMI out for the live view while recording video and have the ability to face the subject so they can see themselves.

I was looking at getting the FeelWorld FW759 7". Would this be a decent product to start looking into or does anyone have any recommendations for the K1?

FeelWorld FW759 7" IPS HDMI On-Camera Monitor FW759 B&H
FW759 7" 1280x800 HD Field Monitor - Full Review! - YouTube
I have an Aputure which I got 2nd hand for about 120 GBP. It's excellent, well, was excellent until I abused it and damaged it somewhat. Now it has dead stripes on the screen, but it's still useable. From what I understand it's better than the feelworld.