Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Bracketing in "M" manual mode

I'm sitting here tonight in a quandary with my new K-1 trying to learn all the settings and features and ran into a problem earlier today.
I shoot in M (manual) mode alot and just found out that when I bracket its changing the f stop and not just my shutter speed. Actually does both with 3 shot bracket ?
Its probably a simple setting on "P" line but cant quite figure it out ?
When I'm in Manual I only want it to bracket my shutter speed only.
My brain is very tired and I need some help figuring it out. Thanks.

01-20-2017, 10:44 PM   #2
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WestBug Quote
I'm sitting here tonight in a quandary with my new K-1 trying to learn all the settings and features and ran into a problem earlier today.
I shoot in M (manual) mode alot and just found out that when I bracket its changing the f stop and not just my shutter speed. Actually does both with 3 shot bracket ?
Its probably a simple setting on "P" line but cant quite figure it out ?
When I'm in Manual I only want it to bracket my shutter speed only.
My brain is very tired and I need some help figuring it out. Thanks.
When I'm bracketing I switch over to Aperture Priority as only shutter speed will change for each image.

Tas
01-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
When I'm bracketing I switch over to Aperture Priority as only shutter speed will change for each image.

Tas
Yes that is the obvious. However I'm doing multi bracketed stacks and stitching.
I had the same thing on the K3II and fixed it. Now I cant remember what I did.
01-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What about Av + AE-L? That should do shutter speed bracketing using the exposure locked by AE-L, no?

01-21-2017, 12:53 AM - 5 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Have you tried this... capture settings menu 5....button customisation...function of green button in M mode. I have mine set to shift the Tv when I press the green button in M mode. Dont know if this will solve your problem when bracketing, but worth a try.
01-21-2017, 02:59 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
Have you tried this... capture settings menu 5....button customisation...function of green button in M mode. I have mine set to shift the Tv when I press the green button in M mode. Dont know if this will solve your problem when bracketing, but worth a try.
Correct, that's how it is done. That setting will keep the aperture at the manually set value during bracketing.
01-21-2017, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
YES ! That's it. Thank You so much.

01-21-2017, 09:57 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by WestBug Quote
YES ! That's it. Thank You so much.
Excellent, my time on this planet has not been wasted.
01-21-2017, 11:31 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Excellent, my time on this planet has not been wasted.
I was wasting time on this planet and so failed to find this thread soon enough to be able to post the answer and so enjoy not having wasted my time on this planet :^|
03-23-2017, 09:28 PM   #10

many thanks, guys.
I've been wondering how to lock the mid exposure when bracketing and shooting 2 scenes for panorama,
and am glad to find solution here.