Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2016, 05:45 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
SDM motor issues

I created a video to bypass the SDM drive on failed lenses. Many of us have had the not so pleasent experience of a failed motor. I was hesitant to buy DA* SDM lenses until I learned about the conversion process, and sure enough the lens I purchased failed and needed to be converted.

This is a VERY common issue and makes all of us concerned when deciding to purchase SDM lenses. For example, I really would like to buy DA* 55mm f1.4, but it is plagued by the same SDM issues as the lenses before it. Also, this particular lens cannot be converted to use screwdrive only.

How will Ricoh support SDM issues going forward? Will you consider repairing all lenses regardless of purchase date? What will Ricoh do to increase buyer confidence in purchasing DA* products?

Last edited by Blacknight659; 12-09-2016 at 08:53 AM.
12-09-2016, 05:14 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Thank you very much for your post. If you could please email this important concern to TSSCRicohimaging@ricoh-usa.com. The email will be given to the management team. Thank you.