Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fabric tripod leg wraps

I have excellent foam wraps on my tripod, that I don't wish to remove. I'm looking for Camouflage fabric wraps with velcro that will fit over my foam leg wraps. Any ideas as to where to get these?

Thanks!

06-01-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are some at B&H. Unless you wanted to go to the fabric store and get some cloth to make your own.
06-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Those have the foam insulation inside the wraps.
06-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
How about fabric handlebar tape? Like for racing bikes? You can get it in any colour, including camouflaged patterns.
Some are loose fabric ribbon and others have sticky backs.
Actually, you could probably find suitable ribbon in the colour you want and just wrap it around. It would be 'permanent' but removable.

06-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #5
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
That's worth looking into; thanks!!
06-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens Coat offers Leg Coats
06-02-2015, 06:25 AM   #7
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks! I was looking at them, and wonder if they would make the legs on my tripod too thick, as it looks like they are lined with a soft neoprene backing. I don't see a phone # for them, and their live support has been offline. If they are returnable, I'd certainly order them to see how they would fit over my foam tubing on the legs.

Update: I see that items are returnable within 14 days!

Last edited by csa; 06-02-2015 at 06:38 AM.
06-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Thanks! I was looking at them, and wonder if they would make the legs on my tripod too thick, as it looks like they are lined with a soft neoprene backing. I don't see a phone # for them, and their live support has been offline. If they are returnable, I'd certainly order them to see how they would fit over my foam tubing on the legs.

Update: I see that items are returnable within 14 days!
OP/TECH USA makes "Tripod Leg Wraps" in which the foam and the wrap are separate. Alternatively, I use pipe insulation wrapped with hockey stick tape, which is available in a wide variety of colours and patterns (camouflage, in my case).
06-02-2015, 07:46 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, I checked with OpTech (they are only 90 miles from me!). They only have them in black. I want camouflage, as I'm getting the Bigma lens shortly, and I'm getting the LensCoat wrap for that lens, in camouflage. I think I'll try the LensCoat wraps, and if they don't fit, I can return them. I really don't want to remove the foam on the legs of my tripod, as it came with these, and are in excellent condition. Covering them will keep them that way.
06-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Go to Ebay and search for "camouflage tape." This might work. The offerings seem to be self-adhesive, removable, and cheap. I've never tried any of these, but they might be good for a quick-and-dirty proof-of-concept.
A Google search might give even more options.

Cheers,
Lou
06-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #11
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Lou!