Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 08:58 AM   #1

B-Grip compatibility question (belt and strap)

I have a B-Grip Uno for attaching to my backpack strap. I also have the necessary quick-release on my monopod so I can easily move the camera back and forth between the Uno or the monopod without issue. I later bought a B-grip hand strap thinking that it would fit right under the Uno cleat so I could leave the strap on all the time and still use the Uno or the monopod without having to undo anything. It turns out the strap is only compatible with the Evo out-of-the-box; the Evo and Uno use different cleats for attaching to the camera's 1/4". The issue that I currently have is that if I try to sandwich the strap between the Uno cleat and the camera, the screw no longer reaches into the camera's 1/4" threads.

Am I boned? Even if I got the right cleat that works with the strap, would I still find myself unscrewing from the 1/4" every time I wanted to go between the Uno/monopod and strap?

12-01-2015, 01:09 PM   #2

Original Poster
The situation is that the Evo and HS and other things use something called a QRP (quick release plate), whereas the Uno uses a thing that is like the QRP but is not actually the QRP; it's like a miniature version of the QRP. From the images I'm seeing, the Uno's cleat appears to fit inside the QRP and they together mount to the bottom of the camera. The QRP retails for $30, which is about 50% more expensive than the strap itself. :/
12-02-2015, 11:07 AM   #3

Original Poster
Good news - Amazon has the Hand Strap with the required QRP for $33. The QRP by itself is $29 for some reason. If you ever get the strap, I obviously recommend spending extra for the one with the QRP even if you already have one, in case it breaks and you might have to replace it at full cost, which would be terrible.