Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 12:44 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Wireless trigger for K3II

Hi guys, I own a K3 II camera and a friend lend me his 2 studio flashes. The brand of them is Interfit 600w and I am looking a way to make them work wirelessly with my camera. When I connect the sync cord that comes with them to my camera they only flash once and then they refuse to cooperate again. Can you recommend a trigger mechanism that is tested with Pentax cameras and works flawlessly? An economic solution is preferable. I attach a photo from the studio flashes backside. Here in Greece the options are limited and expensive and mostly for Canon Nikon brand...

Thank you in advance!

02-11-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davinci Quote
Hi guys, I own a K3 II camera and a friend lend me his 2 studio flashes. The brand of them is Interfit 600w and I am looking a way to make them work wirelessly with my camera. When I connect the sync cord that comes with them to my camera they only flash once and then they refuse to cooperate again. Can you recommend a trigger mechanism that is tested with Pentax cameras and works flawlessly? An economic solution is preferable. I attach a photo from the studio flashes backside. Here in Greece the options are limited and expensive and mostly for Canon Nikon brand...

Thank you in advance!
Any manual radio trigger should work. PocketWizards are the industry standard. They are the most dependable option and most other pro's will have them if you need to borrow. Cheaper options are hit and miss. I have Cactus v5's and have had great luck with them. I had Cactus v4's which were horrendous.
02-11-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cactus v5 here works well and very reliable.
02-11-2016, 02:59 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cactus v5 have worked well for me.

02-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #5
Forum Member

I've found the Meyin RF604 to be very reliable. They are cheap, easy to use and have 3 group selection. Supposed to have 100m+ range but I haven't tested them that far. They have never failed to trigger. Available on EBAY.
02-11-2016, 07:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

+1 for Cactus v5's. They will do the job.

(I presume you aren't interested in P-TTL wireless, and are just looking to trigger the studio flashes remotely and do your own settings re exposure, flash output etc).
02-11-2016, 11:00 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wireless trigger for K3II

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
+1 for Cactus v5's. They will do the job.

(I presume you aren't interested in P-TTL wireless, and are just looking to trigger the studio flashes remotely and do your own settings re exposure, flash output etc).

Thank you all for your help.

@rawr Since I am a novice to this kind of photography it's a little bit vague what I still need or want. In the case I need P-TTL what will you recommend?