Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
LOTS and LOTS of Pentax Stuff - K-01 still available - MUST GO!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
LOTS and LOTS of Pentax Stuff - MUST GO!

Asking Price
2,800.00 USD

Item Location
New York (United States)

Item Description
I am switching away from Pentax for no other reason than I need bodies with an electronic shutter option (I do a lot of time-lapse shooting).

All this gear has been used professionally for the last year. Please take note of condition of the items. I am selling them cheap because most items were used regularly and will not necessarily look pretty. The bodies took a LOT of wear-and-tear. I do take good care of my gear, but please note that these are used items and I am selling them as-is.

The two K5-IIs bodies I have for sale, they were used for time-lapse. Part of the reason I am selling them so cheap is because I don't want to deal with the hassle of sending them in for warranty repair when the shutters die.... WHICH WILL BE SOON. I'm passing that annoyance on to whoever buys it. Both bodies will include the extended warranty card I purchased (which is not registered to a name, you just send it in with the body when it needs repair). These will be a great deal for someone with patience.

With all these items... I want you to receive them and feel like "wow! I got a great deal!" - but keep in mind, I'm not selling perfect gear and I'm not a store. I want you to be happy, but you are also buying gear that was used professionally and that I'm selling as-is.

Prices include shipping. Sorry, but I will only sell to people in the U.S.

- - - - items below are now sold ----

Pentax K5-IIs Body #2: $275 ... SOLD
Includes original box and packing. Includes battery charger + 2 batteries. Includes extended warranty card!
Cosmetically looks good. This camera has been a rock-solid performer with no issues from the day I bought it.
Has over 100,000 Shutter actuations (120,869) ... It still functions as of today, but the shutter is close to the end of its life. I DO have the extended warranty card, which you will get if you buy this body, which should cover the shutter repair when it goes.
YOU ARE BUYING A CAMERA THAT WILL NEED SERVICE SOON! Includes extended warranty card!

Pentax K5-IIs Body #1: $320 ... SOLD
Includes original box and packing. Includes battery charger + 2 batteries. Includes extended warranty card!
Cosmetically looks good. This camera has been a rock-solid performer with no issues from the day I bought it.
Has over 100,000 Shutter actuations (104,577) ... It still functions well as of today, but the shutter is close to the end of its life. I DO have the extended warranty card, which you will get if you buy this body, which should cover the shutter repair when it goes.
YOU ARE BUYING A CAMERA THAT WILL NEED SERVICE SOON! Includes extended warranty card!

Pentax K5 (original) in Silver: $265 ... SOLD
No original box. Includes battery charger + 2 batteries.
This body was NOT used for time-lapse other than as a third camera or backup. Does not have the wear-and-tear of the above bodies at all. However, it was dropped two years ago and has since been to Pentax for repair. It functions perfectly now. Cosmetically it is okay... the silver has some scratches and rubbed spots.

Pentax DA 21mm f/3.2 SILVER: $410 ... SOLD
Includes original box. Doesn't have lens cap. Still has hood. Includes pouch.
Works excellent and in good shape. Cosmetically it's okay, but it's not perfect. Has been a favorite lens.

Pentax DA 70mm f/2.4: $360 ... SOLD
Includes original box and packing. Includes cap and hood. No pouch.
Lens is excellent and one of my newer lenses. Not used much at all honestly.

Pentax DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro: $240 ... SOLD
Includes original box. No pouch.
Lens functions great but is a little rough looking cosmetically. The lens cap with it's felt lining collects dust like there is no tomorrow.

Pentax DA* 55mm f/1.4: $450 ... SOLD
Includes original box, soft case, hood.
I've had a love-hate relationship with this lens. Have bought it, sold it, bought another, rinse repeat. LOL
This one is virtually brand new. I think I used it literally one time. Obviously won't make sense to keep it without any other Pentax gear. LOL

Pentax 40mm DA XS f/2.8 Lens: $100 ... SOLD

- - - - -

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
included

Shipping Services
UPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns – items are used and sold as-is.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 

Last edited by DRabbit; 09-25-2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: SOLD
09-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (95%)
Message send for the Da 35mm f2.8 and the Da* 55mm f1.4
09-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 18 (95%)
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
That DA*55 is a fantastic price. If I didn't have one already, I'd get it. I'm mulling over that k-5 silver lol.
My first PF purchase (I send a payment for the Da* 55 f1.4 and the Da 35mm macro). It recently bought the Sigma EX 50mm f1.4 but your comparative review of the DA55 and the Sigma 50 made me opt for the DA55. That K-5 silver is really something, it should be great since it has been to the factory and back (It should have very few miles since it's a backup). I'd not hesitate to get it before someone else snags it up

Last edited by Stavri; 09-22-2014 at 08:14 AM.
09-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 68 (100%)
The DA*55 is better. I've owned the Sigma 50 and and currently own the DA*55 - the DA is magic. Just amazing. You got two awesome deals. I totally wanted the DA 35 macro.

09-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
QuoteOriginally posted by DRabbit Quote
I need bodies with an electronic shutter option
I'm curious - which bodies have that? Sounds handy.
09-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I'm curious - which bodies have that? Sounds handy.
Right now, going to try out the Panasonic GH3 and GX7.
09-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 20 (100%)
Sorry to see you leave Pentax. Thanks for all your work on the K-3 mirror flop issue and good luck with the sale! Wish I'd seen that DA* 55 first...

09-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Sorry to see you leave Pentax. Thanks for all your work on the K-3 mirror flop issue and good luck with the sale! Wish I'd seen that DA* 55 first...
I'm sorry to leave actually. I think Pentax makes great cameras (mostly - LOL). With all the time-lapse though, I just can't keep servicing bodies every six months
09-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #9

Feedback Score: 3 (100%)
Hi, I can't message you because I haven't made any forum posts yet. I just made one and the system hasn't registered it yet.

Anyway, I'm new to Pentax and was looking for a k-5 ii. I would love to buy the k-5 iis from you. What do I need to do to move that forward.

P.S.
I'm looking up reviews of the lenses you have available before deciding on those.
09-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sent you a private message Kevin...
09-22-2014, 02:50 PM   #11
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 (0%)
PM sent...thanks & sorry you needed to switch but it makes sense for how you shoot. Pentax needs to KEEP folks like you not chase them away....sigh, but what do we know, right?
09-22-2014, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
All items sold (bought and paid for) as of 5:00pm today, September 22nd, 2014 have now been shipped. To those of you who bought the items, thank you... and check your inbox for the tracking number.

Last edited by DRabbit; 09-23-2014 at 06:57 PM.