PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro with 1:1 Adapter ─ The BOKINA

Asking Price
425.00 USD

Item Location
CT (United States)

Item Description
Up for sale is the legendary Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 Macro with 1:1 Adapter, also known as the "Bokina." This lens, and its Tokina variant, are known for stunning bokeh. It's a lens that is meant to be used wide open. It is a full-frame lens which will perform beautifully with the upcoming Pentax full frame, but it's equally outstanding on current Pentax cameras. As my shooting style evolves, I find myself gravitating toward wide-to-normal lenses.

The Vivitar Series 1 90mm f/2.5 macro lens is one of the sharpest lenses made for 35mm. NOTE: This Series 1 version is NOT to be confused with the non-Series, Komine-made Vivitar 90mm f/2.5 or f/2.8 (although the non-series f/2.5 and f/2.8 are the same lens just labeled differently). The Vivitar Series 1 90mm can be considered synonymous with the Tokina 90mm f/2.5 AT-X. They are rumored to be one and the same optically and both Tokina-made.

This lens has a maximum reproduction value of 1:2 on its own and was uniquely designed with a paired 3-element macro extender for 1:1 magnification. This extender was designed to correct for aberrations as the magnification increases.

This is a K-mount lens, but completely manual. It behaves like an M42 lens, in that one can use it in AV mode with auto ISO and shutter speed--simply set the aperture ring at the desired value and shoot away!

The lens is in excellent condition. Front and rear elements are flawless. Aperture blades are snappy, with no oil. The tactile feel of the focusing ring is beyond compare. This lens is built like a tank. The body has some minor scratches around some small screw holes, but nothing that goes through the finish. The macro adapter elements are also flawless, as is the adapter body.

What's included: the lens, macro adapter, rear cap for the lens, and front/rear caps for the adapter. I never had a hood for this lens, but it would certainly benefit from one.

All of my items come from a humidity-controlled, smoke-free environment.

$425 USD (includes USPS shipping within the continental United States)

Buy with confidence from a trusted seller

Cheers!

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Included for CONUS buyers -- actual cost elsewhere

Shipping Services
USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
I ship worldwide to Paypal-verified users and addresses only!

RETURNS: CONUS and Canadian buyers only. Returns only if item is not as described and initiated within 24 hours of receipt. Buyer to pay return shipping, tracked and insured.

For all non-CONUS buyers: send me a PM and I'll get you a shipping quote. Please note that all fees, duties and taxes are your responsibility.

No international returns!

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 

Last edited by Fat Albert; 05-06-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Added picture
05-06-2015, 08:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 104 (98%)
This is an amazing lens and should not be here for long. It is called Bokina for a reason. The only reason I sold mine was that I found the Tokina AT-X version in a PK/A mount.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/1947821@N20/pool/
05-07-2015, 05:48 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 80 (100%)
Original Poster
Thanks for chiming in, cheekygeek!

It is truly a remarkable lens, and the lens/adapter combo is nearly impossible to find in K-mount.
05-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #4

Feedback Score: 2 (100%)
PM sent

05-09-2015, 05:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 80 (100%)
Original Poster
Up to the top!