Item for Sale
Slik U-212 Tripod

Asking Price
32.00 USD

Item Location
Connecticut (United States)

Item Description
Hi all,

I am selling the classic Slik U-212 tripod. I am the original owner. I have another more heavy duty tripod and this one. I found that I want to get a lightweight tripod for travel, so I’m selling this one as I won’t need 3 tripods. This tripod functions perfectly. It also comes with an extra quick release post, that’s worth another $8-10. I actually prefer their quick release post system to most plates, it seems faster to me.

Cosmetically, it’s not the prettiest. There are some places where some black plastic parts have greyed, and it’s got the normal wear and tear of a tripod that has been used over the years. The rubber on the camera plate came off at one point, so that was glued back on. Also, there was a part that had broken that the tilt handle screwed into. A handy friend of mine came up with a replacement bolt system that replaced the part. So the tilt handle has been replaced by a different handle (see pictures). This has been functioning perfectly this way for about 5 years. No problem whatsoever. I will include the original handle in the sale in case the buyer could use it for some reason.

Below is the standard description that I took from an ebay sale, let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Shipping cost will be actual postage from CT 06416 via USPS.

The U212 is an all-purpose tripod. Features include rectangular legs that maintain torsional strength & retractable spikes for all terrain use. Each leg angle can be individually adjusted to compensate for unusual surfaces and ground level shots. The geared center column tension control gives just the right support for varying camera weights, and a bubble level establishes accurate vertical positioning. A special threaded panhead mounting post on one leg is ideal for low-angle shots.
• 3-Way pan head.
• 5lb 8oz load capacity.
• Folded length of 27".
• Maximum height of 63".
• 3 section legs, with adjustable leg angle.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Good

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
12.00 guide, Actual Postage from 06416

Shipping Services
USPS Priority

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
If you find anything wrong with it that I have not described or shown in pictures, you may return it within 3 days of receipt, buyer pays return shipping.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by jake14mw; 01-11-2016 at 10:48 AM.
07-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #2

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
I'm interested in picking this up, my dad has one very similar to this that I used to steal on a very regular basis when I was younger until I replaced it with a padded model for hiking. I like that it's more compact than my new SLIK and would be a good fit as a permanent fixture in my trunk. I'm in Longmeadow, MA and work in the Hartford area, I can meet up with you to pick it up and avoid shipping. Let me know.

Thanks!

-Sean
07-06-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 1 (100%)
QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
The rubber on the camera plate came off at one point, so that was glued back on.

Hey, I have a Slik 212 that looks exactly like this one! Even my rubber plate came off and I glued it back on - and it looks exactly like this one. I like this tripod and it is my preferred unit for "home" work. I've read the rated capacity and I just don't know - the unit feels like it could support a camera rig much, much heavier than the rated weight capacity. Good luck with the sale.
07-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Original Poster
Hi Sean, replied to you.

Glenn, yeah many that I've seen for sale are missing the rubber piece and have those faded parts. They are well made, so I guess that's why you see the older ones for sale. It has served me well. I agree on the weight capacity thing too.

07-08-2015, 08:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 32 (100%)
wow this is the tripod to match your pentax F lenses
07-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #6

Feedback Score: 18 (100%)
Great tripod

If you don't have a mid-size tripod, you should buy this one.

I would buy it myself but my own U-212 is still getting weekly use after more than 30 years of ownership and only trivial issues: The level fell off and the rubber pad had to be glued back on. I have other tripods but this one probably gets the most use.

Good luck with your sale!

Sig
07-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 39 (100%)
Original Poster
Tripod sold