Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 7 (100%)
Pentax K-5 II, Leitz 90mm Summicron M Visoflex f/2, Leitax Adapter

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Leitz 90mm Summicron M Visoflex f/2 (adapted to K-Mount with Leitax adapter)

Asking Price
750.00 USD

Item Location
Tennessee (United States)

Item Description

Pentax K-5 II in excellent condition. Has been excellently cared for.

Manufacture Date: 11/19/2012
Shutter Count: 38,139

Camera Shoots great. Used last week. Absolutely no problems.

K Mount adapter parts (assembled as seen in photos) are included in sale are as follows:

1.) Leitz adapter #14167 (adapts Visoflex Lens to Leicaflex Camera)
2.) Leitax K-Mount Bayonet (installed into 14167 adapter to replace Leica R bayonet) (Will also ship Leica R bayonet if purchaser wanted to revert to shooting lens on a Leicaflex DSLR)

90 mm f/2 Summicron: Condition of lens is superb. Solid brass construction. Glass is clear. Aperture clicks are as smooth and pleasant as any lens I have ever handled. Focus is smooth. Some of the paint on the markings has faded a bit, but all are clearly visible. Aside from the slight fading of the paint on a few of the markings, the cosmetic condition of the lens is flawless. (see pictures)

The adapter with the Leitax bayonet fits just like all of my other lenses. I have always left the adapter attached to the lens so that I could use a Pentax rear cap on the lens. The size of the lens fits nicely on Pentax DSLR. With the adapter it is slightly heavier than the DFA 100mm Macro f/2.8 and similar in dimensions (Actually a bit smaller without the adapter). Will ship with Leitz front lens cap and Pentax rear lens cap. The lens can achieve infinity focus and slightly beyond infinity (which can have a delightful effect in the right circumstance).

The Visoflex Lens system for Leica was developed to adapt Leica M cameras to compete with the "then new" SLR cameras. This was achieved through attaching a reflex housing unit to the Leica M mount and a special lenses were designed for this mount. The Visoflex housing proved unpopular and was discontinued. Once Leica comitted to producing a line of SLR's Leica produced an adapter so that the Visoflex line of lenses could be used on their new Leicaflex cameras.

One note:

In taking the pictures for this listing, I noticed that a couple of the lens blades have formed small rust spots. This was not present when I purchased the item or even the last time I looked at the blades closely (or it is likely that my eyes could not see what a macro lens and a flash can see). While it is a minor problem that is easily fixed (KEH will service the lens).

The lens is in excellent shape, I do not really want to sell the lens, but I am just not using it much. I am not the greatest at manual focusing and I always seem to grab lenses with auto-focus.

This is one steal of a deal and I ought not be doing it. Act quickly before I think myself out it.

Buyer to cover paypal fees and shipping costs.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
Yes (K-5 II) and No (other items)

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
North America

Shipping Charge
Shipping UPS, Insured

Shipping Services
UPS, USPS

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
No returns considered unless items damaged during delivery

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

---------- Post added 05-28-16 at 01:56 PM ----------

Lowered price by 150 again.

---------- Post added 05-28-16 at 02:13 PM ----------

Price Reduced

Attached Images

Last edited by pleitzxcan; 06-10-2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Lowering Price
05-30-2016, 01:47 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Price Reduced
06-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Attached photo taken with lens on K-3
Attached Images

06-01-2016, 02:15 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
And on 35mm (Ilford FP+)

Attached Images

06-03-2016, 09:59 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Price reduced again.
06-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
K-5 II now included in absolute highway robbery deal.