Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2016, 05:26 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 111 (100%)
RARE - Zeiss Distagon T* 21mm F/2.8 ZF.2 Lens in Pentax K Mount!

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
RARE - Zeiss Distagon T* 21mm F/2.8 ZF.2 Lens in Pentax K Mount!

Asking Price
1,149.00 USD

Item Location
Wisconsin (United States)

Item Description

The highly rated Zeiss Distagon T* 21mm F/2.8 ZF.2 lens was (and is) made in the Nikon mount (ZF) and Canon mount (ZE). For a short period a time, a few were made in the Pentax K mount (ZK version).

The Pentax ZK version of this lens is extremely rare. In the last year I have not seen a single ZK version of this lens come up for sale on Ebay or in this forum.

The Nikon version (ZF) is still available new from B&H ($1,443), and on Ebay (currently $1,149 is the lowest price). This Nikon version can be converted to the Pentax K mount using a Leitax adapter ($100 USD for adapter & $100 USD for installation).

I recently Leitaxed a like new Zeiss ZF 21/2.8 lens. I've successfully done a few of these Zeiss ZF to Pentax K Leitax conversions (Leitax has told me that I've done the most of these conversions in North America).

I have done a few test shots with this 21mm lens on my K1. Previously, my widest lens was a 28mm. I wanted to try the 21mm field of view. Unfortunately I now realize that I'm terrible at composing photos at this extreme wide angle. So, I'm putting my pristine Zeiss 21mm Distagon lens up for sale.

Please let me know if you have an interest in this lens. I can email you lots of additional close up photos of this lens and some sample photos of the types of images this lens can create on a K1 camera.

Hawaii or Alaska, shipping is $30.

Look forward to hearing from you..

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Like New

Shipping Destinations
United States

Shipping Charge
19.95 to continental USA

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Only if not as described

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 10-23-2016 at 05:58 PM.
10-23-2016, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 57 (100%)
PM sent
10-23-2016, 08:05 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Feedback Score: 111 (100%)
Original Poster
Wow, what a response I've had to this lens for sale ad. 3 offers to buy in the first hour!

Anyway, to those of you who want your own copy of this lens and were unable to purchase mine - here's something to consider...

Purchase this lens yourself on Ebay. Send it to me. I'm retired so I've got plenty of the time to convert these lenses (not to mention all the equipment). For $200 USD ($100 parts, $100 labor & return shipping), I'd be happy to Leitax convert your Zeiss ZF 21mm f/2.8 lens to the Pentax K mount!

Depending upon supplies on hand, it can sometimes take me 2 or 3 weeks to get the specific adapter parts from Leitax in Spain, so you'd need to be a bit patient...

Dave in Wisconsin