Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Feedback Score: 44 (100%)
Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II "A" Lens in Retail Box (Even Lower Price!)

PentaxForums.com Marketplace Listing

Item for Sale
Sigma 28mm F2.8 Mini Wide II

Asking Price
58.00 USD

Item Location
NJ (United States)

Item Description
I acquired this lens as part of a lot a couple months ago. It's in excellent condition, light usage marks on the barrel, a few particles of dust inside, a couple of small spots where the coating looks thin. Blades are snappy and oil-free. The focus ring is a joy to use. The box looks like it could still be on the shelf in a camera shop, the padded leatheresque case looks new, still has the original manual and Sigma inspection tag.

This lens is very sharp. Center sharpness is at least a match for any 20mm-something lens I've used, including DA21, several Tak/Pentax 24's & 28's. Corners are not as sharp but decent when stopped down. Good contrast and color saturation, though not as exuberant as the DA21. Color is a tad cooler than typical Pentax. This lens is very susceptible to strong light sources, so using a hood outdoors is strongly recommended. The 1:4.5 "macro" is nice and allows for some interesting compositions.

I enjoy this lens a bunch, keeping a copy for myself.

Lots of samples below, including flare

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything I'm looking to trade for, but if you have an idea feel free to throw it at me.

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
No

Are you selling or trading this item?
Selling or Trading

Item Condition (Key)
Used
Excellent

Shipping Destinations
Worldwide

Shipping Charge
Free for USA, Worldwide for S&H

Shipping Services
USPS Priority Mail

Accepted Payment Types
PayPal

Return Policy & Additional Details
Return accepted if not as described.

Please send me a private message if interested in the item!

Last edited by luftfluss; 12-17-2016 at 10:08 PM.
12-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
bumpski
12-04-2016, 08:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
Nice lens, I just sold mine (without advertising) that I had bought new 25-some years ago, with some reluctance! I don't remember getting a case with mine but mine did come with a petal lens hood specifically for that lens. My manual and lens cap are different, too. Apparently there were some changes in packaging over the years; mine was also a Mini-Wide II with "A" setting so the lens itself is most likely the same. Regardless, a very solid and sharp 28mm lens; I used it for most of the photos of lenses on my selling page. Good luck with the sale!
12-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Groucho Quote
Nice lens, I just sold mine (without advertising) that I had bought new 25-some years ago, with some reluctance! I don't remember getting a case with mine but mine did come with a petal lens hood specifically for that lens. My manual and lens cap are different, too. Apparently there were some changes in packaging over the years; mine was also a Mini-Wide II with "A" setting so the lens itself is most likely the same. Regardless, a very solid and sharp 28mm lens; I used it for most of the photos of lenses on my selling page. Good luck with the sale!
Thanks for the testimonial on behalf of the Mini Wide II. The copy I'm keeping for myself came with generic caps, but one of my Super Wide II's came with a Sigma cap that's rounded and "Sigma" is offset to the left. None of them came with the "Perfect" hood, though.

Price dropped, 'cause I really would like to move this before Christmas.

12-05-2016, 02:06 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Feedback Score: 15 (100%)
I'd apologize for hijacking but this helps keep the ad at the top.

Yeah, I assume mine was a later lens, and has the lens cap you described:

Here's the hood:

I wouldn't feel too bad about missing the hood; it was a pain because it clipped into the filter threads, so you couldn't keep it attached to the lens when the cap was on, so it would just bounce around in the camera bag or at the least, be one more thing to carry around. Not quite "perfect" in my mind. I only sold mine to sweeten a deal on my K-3 that I sold - it was my only prime for years and still worked well, but there was an offer on the table, so it didn't make sense to keep it when the 31mm Limited was sitting next to it.

Someone should definitely buy this lens, it looks to be in pretty amazing physical condition and they're great lenses and small and light.
12-08-2016, 10:15 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
^^ Yup, that was the front cap that came on my AF Super Wide II.

Bump for the Mini II.
12-12-2016, 07:17 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Lower price bump!

12-17-2016, 10:08 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster