Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-19-2014, 07:49 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
12 Days of Christmas, Day Six

This is the sixth posting thread for our "12 Days of Christmas" game!

Which means that we are half way through the game, Christmas is near, and I did NOT do my shopping yet. Which is not the point. The point is: Use this thread to post your christmas-themed photo of the day, either directly in the thread or linked to where you keep your photos. If that place is flickr, please add your photo to our great flickr group photo pool also!

Please keep comments either on flickr or in this thread, because... well, because that is the rule we agreed on at the beginning. As it turns out, the daily threads are not exactly scrolling off of your screen with photos - but let's stick to it. And new participants are still welcome!

12-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're halfway there. I'll start for today-a white Christmas tree at a local fresh produce market I visited today. A bit central, but i'd rather have this than include all the other stuff that was to the left and right of the tree.
12-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I really like that tree, Noel. Nature makes the best sculptures!

I almost didn't get a photo for today - last day at work before the holidays and madly busy, and when I came home my mother in law was visiting. I snapped a few during the day at work, but they all turned out too poor to post. So I went and lit out advent-wreath just now, which at least is a very local Christmas tradition as far as I know. It is not very pretty, but it turns out differently every year as we make it ourselves. This year it got a bit chunky. A donut of straw wrapped in fir and decorated with bows and four candles. You light a new candle every sunday, so this one has three candles lit. Just one to go!

[IMG][/IMG]
12-19-2014, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

I haven't been keeping up with these threads and don't plan to try and get a shot a day, I live out in the boonies and don't get close to civilization much, but last Saturday night I had to play with my band at a local drinking/dining establishment, and this was in one of the store fronts when my mother and I went walking around for a few minutes playing tourist. First time she's ever seen this band play...Taken around dark, had to pump up the ISO to 800, shutter down to 1/45 and aperture to f4 to get anything at all, with the trusty Pentax M 50mm f1.7 lens.

12-19-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've had a tough time getting these too. I drove around looking for inspriration for some outside shots and came up empty, finally realizing the shots I was looking for needed snow. But I'm happy we don't have the stuff, so I got the cat to pose in the window by a candle.
12-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Santa's Log cabin, outside the mall now thanks to the space it usually sat being closed down thanks to sears abandoning the store - I give them maybe 2 more years in canada they have failed in the 6 biggest volume malls in the country