Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PP Challenge 134 - Flathead River Winners

Thank you all for posting some very nice PP work.
I have picked 3 areas I was going to use as criteria for judging the processing of this image.

1. Getting rid of those pesky power lines.
2. Not over saturating colors.
3. Going into the shadows and pulling out some detail. It is so easy to "block-up" the darks while adding that contrast "pop" that can make an image stand out.

Of course, this is just my opinion........

3rd place : Arizona Dave - Your work is probably the most similar to the way I did it. A natural feel without over doing any part. Would print nicely I think.

2nd place : D1N0 - I had never thought of square format for this image but it works, and I like the cropping you choose. Also I think the border style you used worked well.

1st place : Glenn5995 - Let me start off by saying I am not much of a HDR guy, but this is my favorite of the group. It glows while not blowing out the highlights, gives lots of contrast while leaving the dark areas with lots of detail.
Well done Glenn, you have the next round

01-25-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you Dunerunner. I really enjoyed processing your image. I will try to have the next round up and running shortly. Probably not today, but hopefully by tomorrow night.
01-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

....or sooner.....Challenge #135 is open for business!!

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/28...dral-rock.html
01-25-2015, 01:34 PM   #4
MSL
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Like you choice of winners. These were the pictures that caught my eye too.

01-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
That was a close call Thanks for the pic and judging Dunerunner. Congrats Glenn5995 and Dave.
01-25-2015, 09:18 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
nice work everybody and congrats! off to download the next round..