Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2015, 03:14 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PP Challenge 136 Winners

Wow! I did not expect such a big turn out. Thank you everyone for your participation. This was NOT and easy task, there are SO many amazing submissions. I need to do like a top five or something, every time I go back into the thread to copy something out of it and I find another photo and I want to name it too! On to the difficult task, just because you arent named doesnt mean I did not like your edit, everyone truly did an unbelievable job on this one.

I do want to point out some that I thought were very unique that just barely missed the cut.

@Arizone Dave I like the high contrast B/W here, while I like it and I feel it works.

@nomadkng I think you nailed just about everything here, had there not been so much saturation I think you would have won here.

Now on to the winners.

Third Place

@Rimfiredude I like your treatment, it is actually very similar to mine when I had it printed, I thought this photo(when I printed it) looked best as a tight crop pano, although I didnt stretch mine like you did yours, I feel it works well with the image.

Second Place

@photodesignch It was tough giving this one second place, I have looked at this edit at least 50 times, I REALLY like the detail that you kept in the photo. placing this one second was literally a last second decision, almost close enough to be called a tie.

First Place

@D1N0 When I think of WOW factor I think of your image. I first pulled it up at work and saw it on my phone and was stunned. While some of the detail is lost, this version just draws you in and makes you look for things. Truly a fantastic job,very unique and stunning.

Again thank you everyone, I am humbled by what everyone did with my image. Great job by all!

Last edited by j2photos; 02-08-2015 at 03:24 AM.
02-08-2015, 04:17 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations D1N0!!
02-08-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I Agree with the winning photo...quite unique.
02-08-2015, 07:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Congratulations to D1N0, photodesignch, and Rimfiredude. I'm looking forward to seeing what D1N0 offers up for the next challenge.

Tim

02-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Thank you j2photos. This was a great pic to work on. There were a lot of great entries so I didn't expect to win it. I'll see what I can put up.
02-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well done D1N0.
02-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats winners and thanks for hosting with such a great image selection, j2photos!

02-09-2015, 01:23 AM   #8

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
Wow! I did not expect such a big turn out. Thank you everyone for your participation. This was NOT and easy task, there are SO many amazing submissions. I need to do like a top five or something, every time I go back into the thread to copy something out of it and I find another photo and I want to name it too! On to the difficult task, just because you arent named doesnt mean I did not like your edit, everyone truly did an unbelievable job on this one.

I do want to point out some that I thought were very unique that just barely missed the cut.

@Arizone Dave I like the high contrast B/W here, while I like it and I feel it works.

@nomadkng I think you nailed just about everything here, had there not been so much saturation I think you would have won here.

Now on to the winners.

Third Place

@Rimfiredude I like your treatment, it is actually very similar to mine when I had it printed, I thought this photo(when I printed it) looked best as a tight crop pano, although I didnt stretch mine like you did yours, I feel it works well with the image.

Second Place

@photodesignch It was tough giving this one second place, I have looked at this edit at least 50 times, I REALLY like the detail that you kept in the photo. placing this one second was literally a last second decision, almost close enough to be called a tie.

First Place

@D1N0 When I think of WOW factor I think of your image. I first pulled it up at work and saw it on my phone and was stunned. While some of the detail is lost, this version just draws you in and makes you look for things. Truly a fantastic job,very unique and stunning.

Again thank you everyone, I am humbled by what everyone did with my image. Great job by all!
QuoteOriginally posted by j2photos Quote
ther photo and I want to name it too! On to the difficult task, just because you arent named doesnt mean I did not like your edit, everyone truly did an unbelievable job on this one.

Thank you for the contest And congrats to people who won the contest

Last edited by photodesignch; 02-09-2015 at 01:33 AM.
02-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Congratulations to D1NO and the others mentioned, and to j2photos for hosting this!
02-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #10
Pentaxian

new challenge posted: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/28...37-street.html