Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2015, 05:07 PM   #1

Why did this stop? *restarts*

As a newbie here I saw the thread title, and immediately thought of a photo I took with dad's Pentax ME super in the late 80s (my teens) with the standard 50mm SMC_PENTAX A 1/1.4 lens he seemed always to have with him. Then I saw that it's all closed down, and the last thread - 'statues' - that never really got going has been closed for 5 years.

I loved that holiday. And I thought the photo was ok-ish for a newbie, with the above equipment loaded with Ilford HP5 (400ASA in Greece in the summer! He had the HP4 ready as the next roll. He had a series of Cokin 'P' ND filters, and I suspect this had the ND6 in front of it; the UV filter stayed on the lens. (The smog from pollution was bad.) So, it was painful for me to crop it to an 800 x 800px square, do a final touch-up, ready to enter a competition called 'statues', to discover there isn't one

So, I'm going to post it. Others may pick up what was a tradition that died out, but this is my effort - from what I have on the main hard drive for photographs - cropped. The ladies, in case anybody hasn't twigged, are on top of the Acropolis in Athens, are well over 2000 years old, and have been holding that huge, stone roof up all this time.

Good idea?

Attached Images

11-29-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Weekly challenges have not closed down. There is a different one each week. If you found one closed it's because the week to add photos had ended. Each week a new one is started and on it goes, over the years.

Your thread fits in the Thematic theme category and I've moved your thread into the Mini challenges forum, rather than in the weekly challenge forum.
11-29-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by grumpy Quote
As a newbie here I saw the thread title, and immediately thought of a photo I took with dad's Pentax ME super in the late 80s (my teens) with the standard 50mm SMC_PENTAX A 1/1.4 lens he seemed always to have with him. Then I saw that it's all closed down, and the last thread - 'statues' - that never really got going has been closed for 5 years.
Good idea?
That's a good photo! Welcome to the forums. By the way there is a thread on statues in the Mini Challenge section and it's going strong.