Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Ciaooo!

Hi! I'm Francesca, from Italy! I'm new here and I don't own a reflex but a friend of mine introduced me in Pentax's word!
In my life I study at the University. I really like singing, listening to music, reading and I'm trying to learn german.
I'm here to learn more from you all and share experieces each other. I'm a biginner in this world, hope photography will be soon among my hobbies.
Recently I'm reading books about photography, especially about great phographers of the past such as Robert Capa, Cartier Bresson, Cecil Beaton and Robert Doisneau.

well, "see" you soon on this forum!

04-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You will find this forum to be quite fair and open. Feel free to post your questions or experiences. Welcome!
04-23-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Francesca, welcome to the forums!

You really need to pick up a camera and start shooting, you don't know what you're missing out on! We have some great knowledgeable people here that can help you with almost any film or digital photography related questions.
04-23-2014, 06:29 PM   #4
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by SchwarzundWeiß Quote
Hi! I'm Francesca, from Italy! I'm new here and I don't own a reflex but a friend of mine introduced me in Pentax's word!
In my life I study at the University. I really like singing, listening to music, reading and I'm trying to learn german.
I'm here to learn more from you all and share experieces each other. I'm a biginner in this world, hope photography will be soon among my hobbies.
Recently I'm reading books about photography, especially about great phographers of the past such as Robert Capa, Cartier Bresson, Cecil Beaton and Robert Doisneau.

well, "see" you soon on this forum!
Herzlich willkommen

04-23-2014, 09:03 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
With a username like that I thought of a certain card game that came from Japan.

Hi, and welcome to the forums!
04-24-2014, 01:40 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
With a username like that I thought of a certain card game that came from Japan.

Hi, and welcome to the forums!
what kind of card game?

---------- Post added 04-24-14 at 10:54 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Quote
Hi Francesca, welcome to the forums!

You really need to pick up a camera and start shooting, you don't know what you're missing out on! We have some great knowledgeable people here that can help you with almost any film or digital photography related questions.
I know, indeed I'm here to understand what I should buy to start shooting!

However, thanks you all for your welcome! Nice to meet you! Herzlichen Dank!
04-24-2014, 06:55 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!
don't forget to check the used market for an affordable camera - you don't need the newest to do good work, learn, and have fun!
If you put a want ad here on the Marketplace you might find someone willing to give a student a bargain.

04-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #8
Site Supporter

what kind of card game?
Weiß Schwarz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's a game called Weiß Schwarz. I have friends who are really into it and are nationally ranked in it.
04-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Weiß Schwarz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's a game called Weiß Schwarz. I have friends who are really into it and are nationally ranked in it.
ahah funny! I didn't know! My username means only "black and white" 'cause I really like this kind of photography
04-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
Site Supporter

The black and white that I do is higher nanometer infrared. It is fun and gives a beautiful otherworldly look to photos. Get out, take pics, and post them here! I'm interested in seeing your work.
04-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
great phographers of the past such as Robert Capa
Welcome here, many of the Magnum photographers IMHO were truly awesome, worth checking out some of the others apart from Capa .
04-25-2014, 04:25 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome here, many of the Magnum photographers IMHO were truly awesome, worth checking out some of the others apart from Capa .
sure, near where I live there is an exhibition called "magnum contact sheets" and I'm going to visit it tomorrow or on sunday! It's based on the relative book. They show the most famous photos from magnum's agency and explain how they chose the photos they have published. It should be really interesting!

---------- Post added 04-25-14 at 01:28 PM ----------

The black and white that I do is higher nanometer infrared. It is fun and gives a beautiful otherworldly look to photos. Get out, take pics, and post them here! I'm interested in seeing your work.
could I see your photos?

---------- Post added 04-25-14 at 01:33 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome aboard!
don't forget to check the used market for an affordable camera - you don't need the newest to do good work, learn, and have fun!
If you put a want ad here on the Marketplace you might find someone willing to give a student a bargain.
thanks for your advice! I think I'll buy a secondhand, I don't have so much money saved to buy a brand-new one.
04-25-2014, 05:36 AM   #13
Site Supporter

could I see your photos?
I have some of them mixed in on my Deviant Art. I have a link to that in my signature. I need to put some more of my stuff up, and I can see where I've gotten better than I used to be.