Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
Forum Member

Amateur Photographer from Virginia, USA

Hi folks! I just joined Pentaxforums.com, and I've been looking for help with learning settings and what goes with what settings, for my Pentax Q7. I'm going to be ordering a K-mount in a couple of months. I'm on disability and Photography gets me out and away, so I can enjoy a little bit of life. I'm also a seasoned model, and have been modeling on and off since 1986. I'm 49 (this past July 13th), and I've been told I look 30, "maybe"...lol...that was nice! A Photographer that I was working with told me this, just about 3 weeks ago! I did 2 shoots that week, and just got 10 photos back today from the 2nd Photographer that I worked with, and I have another shoot On Tuesday, Aug. 26th with another Pro-Photographer. This one has a studio. I love modeling bc I don't ever want to look old, even though my body says differently. I consider myself an "Amature Photographer", but hope to be a pro, eventually...(I'm very impatient tho!!). Photography is a great Art Form to me (looking at it and creating it), and I love art!

I suffer from depression and Bi-Polar 1 Disease, as well as degenerative disk and joint disease, fibromyalgia, and arthritis, & sciatica in my back, and bursitis in my right hip. I have a lot of pain, but trying to fix up for modeling, and trying to look good, makes me feel good much of the time, when I get the chances to model. And sometimes I can't even walk due to the pain, so I get out every chance I get.

As I said, I love art and took it in school for 4 year, but I started crafting at the age of 5 and crocheting at 9. I'm a very seasoned crocheter now, and can crochet anything, if I'm in the mood. It's also very therapeutic! I do many things and I have a website for things I make to sell, as a new endeavor for now, , at: organictattooandskincare.com I love making "Certified Organic" products, and I love tattoos for the "Art" of them, and require only the best from my tattoo artist! I need tattoos to make my mind get away from other pain that I have, either in my head or in my body, and I have many nice tatts...(depression sucks!)
I wanted to make an "Organic Tattoo Body Butter", bc tattoos are so common these days, and so are organic products, so I make things from my sterile kitchen table, in my sterile bowls and containers! I can't cook much bc it hurts my back to stand up for long periods at the stove and sink (for dishes), but it don't take long to melt my oils down, and cool them, so I can whip them into butter, that stays whipped at room temperature, and has many healing qualities and ingredients!

I started using my camera doing Macro,in July, 2014, and now I'm wanting to learn how to photograph ladies, weddings, and expecting mothers, as well as nature. I'm more drawn to photograph people and Macro though, I guess. I've been taking lovely photos for years, but only had /have a Canon A530, so did what I could. I just love my Pentax now, especially since my fist shoot with my flower in my weed bed (that I watched and photographed for 6 days), and then after my second shoot in my "Rose of Sharon" flowers, with bees! Those bees were really getting down to "bees-ness"!!

I'd love any help I can get as far as tips go, for settings of my camera when doing Macro. I have several Macro filters and 2 lenses, that I can use now, as well as 30-40 filters (all different), and 2 zoom lenses that I need the k-mount for. I didn't know what I was buying on Ebay when I was, so I have many small parts that I need to sell, that are new, bc I never got a chance to use them. Many of the parts are vintage bc I started buying things at yard sales (lenses) 20+ years ago...I've wanted a Pentax camera that long, but just got this one in January or February, 2014! I also have many other parts that I didn't know what they were for when I bought them, or that came with other things that I purchased, that I can't use. Will be posting a couple of photos for y'all to comment on & critique!

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and gals, and to getting tips so I can make some beautiful photos, as "Art"! Thank you for allowing me to join this group!

Kiki Rose

"The love of beauty is taste, The creation of beauty is Art".

(This is one of my tattoos, and means a lot to me).

08-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
mee
Veteran Member

*waves* Welcome to the forums. Photography indeed can be a beneficial endeavor to get one out and about. That is actually one reason I like it too.

I'm not a Q expert. however we do have a forum specifically for Q owners/questions/discussion Pentax Q - PentaxForums.com as well as a general beginners Q&A forum Pentax Beginner's Corner Q&A - PentaxForums.com

Hope you enjoy your 'stay' here!
08-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Great intro, I'm sorry to hear about all your health issues, but it's really interesting that you say that photography helps to make them more tolerable.

I look forward to seeing some of your images of your many roles... as a photographer, a model and an artists canvas.