Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Saskatchewan Canada

Posted on this forum before, but only wanted to introduce myself when I actually got a Pentax DSLR.

I just got my first DSLR, a beautiful, white, K-50 with the DA L 18-55mm WR lens. It is so damn sexy. I am typing this while I take a break from the massive manual. I live on the prairies in the province of Saskatchewan (say that fast 10 times ) in Canada.
I am going to take photos like a lunatic for a very long time while i learn how to master this gorgeous camera.

i enjoy this forum and look forward to learning from the great resource that it is.

09-15-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Welcome. There's a few of us stubblejumpers hereabouts . . . .
09-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #3
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. You'll love the K-50.

If you've read the manual cover to cover, you are ahead of many of us!
09-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Where abouts? I'm in SK too

09-15-2014, 11:16 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jayman_1975 Quote
Where abouts? I'm in SK too
Langham. 1/2 west of Saskatoon. You?
09-16-2014, 02:41 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, Schick ... Hope to see a K-50 image or two soon. Salut, J
09-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Schick Quote
Langham. 1/2 west of Saskatoon. You?
Swift Current. Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new purchase. I only this past summer bought my k5II and so far have had a blast with it. I'm so glad I let salesman talk me into a Pentax.

09-16-2014, 04:55 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum.... Taking los of pictures should be blast.. but remember, the first 10,000 pictures you take are the worst.

Does this mean we're going to see lots of pictures of flat grain fields, with grain elevators? You're going to have to break my stereotypical idea of what pictures of Saskatchewan might look like, (or possibly reinforce it.)
09-16-2014, 05:23 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome fellow Canuck! Enjoy the forum and your new camera.
09-16-2014, 05:54 AM   #10
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, so now there's a "stormtrooper" loose on the prairies.
09-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

I've been taking pictures in the Illinois prairies at Fermilab and some other protected lands. It's amazing - the diversity, activity and how it changes week to week.
My project is focused on bumblebees, but I'll take pictures of anything I find interesting.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/ter-or/9kM8md
09-16-2014, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #12
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jayman_1975 Quote
Swift Current. Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new purchase. I only this past summer bought my k5II and so far have had a blast with it. I'm so glad I let salesman talk me into a Pentax.
That's pretty special. Maybe the only salesman in the world who talked someone into a Pentax.

Most of us have found our way to Pentax despite salespeople, not because of them.
09-16-2014, 08:06 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
That's pretty special. Maybe the only salesman in the world who talked someone into a Pentax.

Most of us have found our way to Pentax despite salespeople, not because of them.
Back room conversation with the boos..

Boss, "We have an unsold Pentax , I've tried my best to sell it, I just can't move it, I'll give you a 50 dollar bonus if you sell it to that dude who just walked into the showroom."

Salesman, " well Ok then dude, let me show you how it's done. I'll just use the same sales pitch I use for for those Sony cameras that no one buys."

I'm so jaded....
09-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Actually it was a guy at the camera store in Cross Iron Mills told me dollar for dollar the Pentax is a way better camera and was trying to sell me a K50 except they didn't have any in stock lol.
09-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #15
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Welcome to the forum.... Taking los of pictures should be blast.. but remember, the first 10,000 pictures you take are the worst.

Does this mean we're going to see lots of pictures of flat grain fields, with grain elevators? You're going to have to break my stereotypical idea of what pictures of Saskatchewan might look like, (or possibly reinforce it.)

Went out today looking for stuff to shoot. Admittedly, it is pretty flat and boring around here. Took a few barn shots, came home, checked them out and deleted them. Too dull and boring. I may need to explore new avenues. Got to get creative.