Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2014, 02:04 AM   #1

Hello from a possible (again) Dutch pentax Owner

Hello everybody,

My Name is Philippe and I live in The netherlands, so excuse if my english isn't perfect.
I have been reading up on al the news and experiences considering Pentax lenses and camera's on your excellent forum.
I used to be a Pentax owner (k-5) but sold it and went M4/3. But now, after selling my M4/3 gear (e-m1, 14-54,lens etc) am looking for an new camera (including the system) to further expand my hobby. Reason why i sold the E-M1: dindn't really like the handeling and although the results were oke, they didn't blow me away (noise on low iso, DR etc.).

So..i'm in doubt right now.. should I get:
K-3 with 18-135 for €1200 (new)
A7 with 28-70 for 1400 (new)
New D750 ex. lens for €1950
Second hand d800 ex. lens for 1350 (50k shots, but 6 months warranty)
Samsung NX-1 with 16-50 lens for 1999... (looks promising)

Reason why i don't jump in to a K-3 right now is the lack of news about the future (as always) and the uncertainty if they will putout new K-3 like aps-c camera's and lenses.
The photograpy what I like to do:
- Street (City/holiday)
- Nature/landscape (on hikes and during MTB trails)
- Everything else...
- I'm a little pixelpeeper....

10-21-2014, 03:01 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and welcome back "possibly" to Pentax again.
10-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #3

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for the introductions.
Was that possible Dutch or possible Pentax?

The Samsung NX-1 does look interesting, I didn't even know about it (but I wanted to move away from Samsung, so I didn't look at their options). The full frames look nice, too, but I suppose lenses for that size sensor are way more expensive?
I think the main importance, besides tech specs, is how you like the feel and handling of any system. As previous K-5 owner you know Pentax, but maybe you have a camera store around where you can try out some of the other models on your list.