Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2014, 09:26 AM   #1

Greetings from Chevy Chase, Maryland!

Greetings all,
I've been googling all things Pentax and this forum has come up for a number of years. I thought it was time to join the fun! I started out with Pentax in 2007 with the rebranded Samsung GX-1L. I got it or a steal and have enjoyed digital photography since then, finally upgrading to a K-X in or around 2010. Now, I have a K-30 and K-50 in the fold and love everything these cameras can do!

I'm a semi-serious photographer in that I work at an independent school and I support the marketing and publication staff with too many photos for them to use.

Over the past 7 years, I have accumulated too many lenses to keep track of. Several of them are the kit lenses that came with the Samsung, as well as some Tamron and Sigma zooms - 28-80, 28-105 and recently dropped and busted Tamron A06, 28-300 beast.

Currently, the lenses I'm most happy to own are the smc Pentax-M 1:1.4 50mm Asahi lens and the pancake smc Pentax-DA 1:2.8 40mm Limited lens.

I'm kind of like the snow bunny on the slopes that looks good, but can't ski to save my life. I think I've got a good stable of bodies and lenses. Would love to know of other lenses I should be looking to add, but I know I can find that information in this great forum. Thanks all!

12-28-2014, 09:31 AM - 2 Likes   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Glad you joined us here! The members are very kind, and share their immense knowledge to those of us that ask for it, so sit back and enjoy a great "home" for your photography needs!
12-28-2014, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Aboard. Glad you decided to join - Happy New Year!
12-28-2014, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rixmac Quote
Would love to know of other lenses I should be looking to add
Welcome to the forum, let all of us here help you to spend your money on more kit, were experts on that you know.

12-28-2014, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome ... Hope you have a big bank account. lol