Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-27-2015, 09:31 PM - 1 Like   #1

Greetings from northern Minnesota, USA

Thank you, Adam for your work here.

I've never been a professional photographer even though I've made some money doing it over the years. And, like so many shutterbugs, I'm a refugee from the days of Nikormat, Minolta SRT101, Petri FTii, Nikon FM and Canon AE1. 'Made the switch to digital with a 2.1 mp Olympus 2100UZ in 2002 or -03 and, over the years since, proceeded to accumulate digital SLR gear that was entirely beyond my ability: the lion's share of it Canon.

'Recently sold the whole works and bought a Panasonic GX1 (4/3 system) that I'm learning to use. To make matters worse, within the last year or so I've developed an appetite for medium format film cameras. And, that's what brought me to the Pentax forum.

It started out innocently enough in wanting a medium format camera without the expense and age of Mamiya 645's and with double exposure capability. The Mamiya 7II rangefinders looked inviting. But, one of those with 43, 80 and 150 lenses, goes north of $3k. The Pentax 645Nii and or 67ii with lenses are substantially more economical with as good or better reviews. (Might need a dolly to haul the 67ii though). For those so inclined, here's a link to another really great medium format review. 'Man's name is Michael Reichmann.

So, 'once a man, twice a child'.....I'm going backwards already! Once I find the right Pentax 6x7 or 4x5, I think it'll be refreshing to be barefoot once again

02-27-2015, 10:12 PM   #2

Welcome. LOL at "to make matters worse"!
02-27-2015, 10:58 PM   #3

Original Poster
Ya. . . there are critical stages to camera acquisition syndrome. Just gotta' stay on top of it so's it don't get terminal.
02-28-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by whiskeyjack Quote
I think it'll be refreshing to be barefoot once again
Welcome to the forum, just be careful where you put your feet, not all parks are as clean as they should be...

02-28-2015, 03:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.
03-01-2015, 01:31 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, just be careful where you put your feet, not all parks are as clean as they should be...
Ya!! I never liked the sensation of stuff squishing between my toes. Cows & horses are one thing. Dogs. . .are quite another. That, and a tiny, razor sharp shard of glass can screw up a vacation really fast.

Thanks for the welcome.

---------- Post added 03-01-15 at 02:31 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay.
Thanks, Norm.