Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2015, 08:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Returning to Photography

Hello all, Cameron here. Just purchased my first DSLR after about a 7 year hiatus from photography of any sort other than on my iPhone. Previously owned a film SLR Nikon and shot mainly B&W arch. landscapes and metal craft machinery. Just bought K-50 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm and 55-300mm Lenses (Black) from B&H with : Pentax AF200FG Flash, Pentax PE5018DA smc DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens, Watson WADLI109 D-LI109 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.4V, 1050mAh), Benro BEA38FD A38FD Series 3 Aluminum Monopod with 3-Leg Locking Base. I am open to any and all tips or suggestions about this setup as far as settings changes, recommended lenses , and or ways to improve shot once I take some this weekend.....other than tips about where to shove my camera, or buzz off. Thank you and cant wait to start shooting!

03-27-2015, 08:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is a good article on settings in the dslr specific k50 thread. The lenses you have are good to start with, although the more time you spend on this forum, the worse your LBA will get. Only other suggestion would be an editing software like Lightroom 5. And as for tips on "shoving your camera somewhere", you'll have to join a Nikon or canon forum for that ;-)
03-27-2015, 08:59 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Another dyemention Quote
There is a good article on settings in the dslr specific k50 thread. The lenses you have are good to start with, although the more time you spend on this forum, the worse your LBA will get. Only other suggestion would be an editing software like Lightroom 5. And as for tips on "shoving your camera somewhere", you'll have to join a Nikon or canon forum for that ;-)
I can only assume my LBA will be as bad or worse than it was in the land of film. Ill be setting up lightroom 5 this weekend as well, that was my first choice other than a full edition of photoshop, which my job would pay for....but im not so sure I really need all that.
03-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by crfulton Quote
any and all tips or suggestions about this setup
Welcome to the forum, get out there shooting... ypou will soon know yourself a to what to change settings wise, enjoy.

QuoteOriginally posted by crfulton Quote
I'll be setting up Lightroom 5 this weekend as well, that was my first choice other than a full edition of photoshop, which my job would pay for....but im not so sure I really need all that.
Lightroom's great for most most things, but for the "heavy lifting" you'll still need Photoshop, so get them to get it for you.