Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-18-2015, 07:59 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hi from Southern Louisiana.

Hi all,
I just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm new to photography so I'll be looking for a lot of advice which is how I found this forum. I purchased the Pentax K50 because I will be using it in some nasty weather from time to time. I've read a lot of reviews before buying it and think I've made the right choice. It will be fun trying to figure out what I can do with all of the settings but for now I'm just using auto settings. This is my first DSLR (real camera) so please be patient with my dumb sounding questions. I really don't want to get frustrated with it and put it in the closet when I can't figure things out.
Thanks for any help I receive!!
Tim

04-18-2015, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Timmy D Quote
Hi all,
I just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm new to photography so I'll be looking for a lot of advice which is how I found this forum. I purchased the Pentax K50 because I will be using it in some nasty weather from time to time. I've read a lot of reviews before buying it and think I've made the right choice. It will be fun trying to figure out what I can do with all of the settings but for now I'm just using auto settings. This is my first DSLR (real camera) so please be patient with my dumb sounding questions. I really don't want to get frustrated with it and put it in the closet when I can't figure things out.
Thanks for any help I receive!!
Tim
Hi Timmy, welcome to the forum !

I'm sure you'll get loads of helpful information from this forum !

You can make photography as simple or as complicated as you want.

Once you're done with the automatic modes, you might try the aperture priority, shutter priority and manual mode. But trust me, Pentax controls make it so easy.

Aperture priority is my favorite, its just fun playing with depth of field and getting that 3D effect happening. I wouldn't worry about photoshop for a long while yet, just master your lens and camera.

Good luck, and never put yourself down by saying your questions will be dumb, you're a smart guy, you bought a Pentax ! People here are more than willing to help out a beginner.
04-18-2015, 11:51 PM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and to photography, enjoy them both in equal amounts.
04-21-2015, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having been to New Orleans numerous times, I'm all in favor of weather resistant gear!

Feel free to comment and question, this is a great place.