Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2015, 05:43 AM   #1

Hallo!

Hello everybody!

Don't know what i'm supossed to tell, so I'l go with the basics. I'm a student from Barcelona, currently living in Berlin. I have long been interested in photography and started taking pictures 6-7 years ago with my dads camera... but I somehow stopped doing that (both of us did) and now I feel like I forgot a lot. So I still consider myself a total beginner. I have inherited my dads K10D with the the old 18-55 kit lens and a 50/1.7-M (I call it "the Hulk", so powerfull and difficult to controll, it can drive you crazy but when you manage to master it... awesome results). I'm also waiting for a 28/2.8-M bargain from eBay and probably going to gift myself the 35 plastic fantastic for my birthday next week... as you see I'm currently trying to invest some unexpected earnings into carefully building up some gear (very upset about the huge price difference in Europe btw). Basically I'm trying to cover a small but basic and useful range of lenses and accesories. I want to figure out if I'm really decent enough as a photographer, to see if it's really worth investing time and money on this hobby or if should just quit for a compact camera and forget about DSLRs.

Yes yes, I know, I should probably keep going with what I have before I buy anything extra... but I actually believe I'm capable of taking decent pictures and my lenses are driving me nuts since I've started using them again (I have the feeling that the kit lens hasn't aged well at all... or maybe I've become a pixel squeezer or I just forgot more then I think but the bottomline is: it's driving me nuts and I have very little fun using it). Anyway, I can be pretty stubborn, so I won't quit and you will see me around for quite a long time I guess (probably reading more then participating).

Bottom line: I'm here to learn and test your patience with questions and english mistakes.

My other interests besides photography are sports (running), cooking and eating. In the latter I'm a real expert. I wish I could take pictures as good as I can deveour stuff. I actually wish I could do everything as good as I can eat. Then I'd be an allround genius, some sort of Da Vinci but mor exagerated.

If anybody from Berlin is reading, I'd be glad to go out and take some pictures with people (never really done it for ages, but I think that's how you have more fun and better lerning effect too!).

See (read) you around!

04-28-2015, 06:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had really good luck with some inexpensive lenses on the K10. the DA 16-45 is much better than the old generation kit lens, and not expensive.
The Tamron 70-300 performed pretty well, despite some chromatic abberation.

Welcome to the club!
04-28-2015, 12:04 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, I'm sure we'll see more of you around here soon.
04-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks kerrodown!

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
I had really good luck with some inexpensive lenses on the K10. the DA 16-45 is much better than the old generation kit lens, and not expensive.
The Tamron 70-300 performed pretty well, despite some chromatic abberation.

Welcome to the club!
Saw that one on eBay a couple of days ago. Found it with a couple of minutes at a time where nobody would be bidding live and I was lucky: I had one of those strange moments where my brain is faster then my guts, so I was able to controll myself (probably because I had no time to read any review praising it, and even my consumist instincts need something to kick off).

If I start taking nice photos my idea is to buy a new camera in 6 to 18 months, (probably) with the 18-135mm WR kit lens, as it seems to be a decent one: with a pretty big range and weather resistant... nice to travel around.

« Hello | finally! »