Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2015, 02:45 AM   #1

Can Pentax work on videos?

Hey, I an new here. I have not a pentax camera now. But I'm interested in it. I have to ask for a stupid question that whether the pentax can take videos? Or it just used for still photography?

05-26-2015, 02:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

All of pentax's current DSLRs do have video capability. If you're looking at used cameras, anything from 2010 or prior, such as the K-m/2000 or K-20D does not do video.
05-26-2015, 04:10 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, replied already, how's that for service.
05-26-2015, 04:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Yes, all current Pentax DSLRs allow video. Some much older ones don't (they have CCD sensor, no video support). You can check the camera reviews here and just look for Video: Pentax K-mount DSLRs - Pentax Pentax Digital Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

That being said, if you want a video camera, it is better to buy a camcorder than a DSLR. Pentax has priority for still photos, not for video. But if you are taking photos and want a quick video - no problem. Some Pentax cameras even have a quick video button, so you don't need to switch modes, you just move one button and it starts taking video. Great when something surprising or unexpected happens

05-26-2015, 05:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
That being said, if you want a video camera, it is better to buy a camcorder than a DSLR.s
Please ignore comments like these, you may read them here and there
05-26-2015, 06:31 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, all the later Pentax camera do video (as noted by others, for the exceptions). Nikon and Canon have better implementations, especially Panasonic. However, a forum member here, LaurenOE - uses the K5 and K3 to do Corporate videos for a Fortune 100 firm, using nothing but Pentax.

05-26-2015, 07:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome Queena! What kind of videos? Family memories? Travel? Action? Other? Whether or not Pentax cameras can record the video that you want depends on the kind of video that you want to shoot.