Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from Romania

Hi everyone,

I've been chewing around this forum for a while now, but now that I'm a happy owner of a K3-II, I feel like a part of the gang.

Yay!!

I've always had a weakness for Pentax cameras, yet I fell into the market's temptations as most people do, getting a Nikon D7000 for my first DSLR. Within 4 years I've switched to Canon 5D mk II and I've just got rid of my Canon 7D mk II, a couple of weeks ago, so I can get the K3-II.

I feel a special connection with the Pentax, perhaps because that was the first professional SLR I've ever seen at my cousin when I was 14 and I was doing film photos, with an improvised dark room in the bathroom and what not...

I still do film, with a Canon AE-1 Program, but I kept dreaming about Pentax.

Now I have one. Paired it up with a Sigma 18-35/1.8, a battery grip, and next week, a 70/2.4 Limited is coming my way.

I'm looking forward to find out some tips and tricks from more experienced Pentaxians around here.

Cheers everyone!!

06-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome aboard, it's good to have you here, feel free to ask away if you get stuck or are unsure about something.
06-29-2015, 01:53 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome aboard, it's good to have you here, feel free to ask away if you get stuck or are unsure about something.
Thanx. I've noticed the "Special Lady" in your arsenal and I was surprised not to find a single one on eBay.co.uk on a simple search, about an hour ago.

Any other place you can think of where the 50A/1.2 can be found?

I've had the Nikkor 50/1.2 Ai-S when I was on Nikon, and I fell in love with what you can do with a large aperture like that. I'm really curious on the Pentax one, if I can find one.
06-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by RahZee Quote
Any other place you can think of where the 50A/1.2 can be found?
Watch the marketplace here too, they sometimes come up, but not often.

QuoteOriginally posted by RahZee Quote
I'm really curious on the Pentax one, if I can find one.
Lots of thoughts and opinions on the forum about this lens, both good and bad, me I just have an ongoing passionate affair with my "Special Lady" for all sorts of reasons.

06-30-2015, 05:39 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from Chicago!