Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2015, 02:17 PM - 2 Likes   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Been around, settling down ...

Hi

Sorry, I should have said 'been around virtually'. You may know me from other social things (Flickr, 500px, that Facebook, that other Pentax website), but I've decided to also come here, mainly for the medium format part of the forum, if I'm honest.
My first DSLR was a K10D, chosen because of better ergonomics than the alternatives (plus the huuuuuuge amount of old lenses), collected many a manual prime, for not a lot, went briefly to a K-7, now with a K-5.
After that I also bought myself a 645N plus some bits, but it didn't really suit my experimental side (for reasons that should be obvious - £££)... so earlier this year I gathered enough coins (partly through selling some of those previously acquired lenses) to get myself a lightly used 645D + 55mm SDM.
I am SO loving it! :-)

I've got a style of photography, although I couldn't define it for you, all I know is whether it's online or printed, people who know me, can always pick mine out.

Anyway ...

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645D  Photo 
07-01-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome on board, some interesting imagery going on there, I look forward to seeing more in due course.

Meanwhile enjoy all that the forum has to offer.
07-01-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some great images there. Number 4 made me look twice or thrice, great shot! Just perfectly done example of show me what I think I'm seeing and then fool me so I have to look again.
07-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #4

The second photo reminds me of my sister-in-law....

07-02-2015, 05:09 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks!
Also, I'm assuming that Blakes sister-in-law isn't on here ...
07-02-2015, 05:27 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the clubhouse!
07-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #7

Original Poster
Cheers!

07-04-2015, 04:47 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, those are some fantastic photos!
07-05-2015, 08:44 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I like your style. I think you know what you want, and sticking to it. Keep it up!!
07-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #10

Original Poster
Thanks! It's not for everyone of course, just for those that like it! Quite frankly I'm just glad anyone else likes them... :-)
I just try and make photos that I like, and that has basically become my style, I have tried other people's styles, mostly as a technical exercise, but this is me, a projection of a small part of my brain, applied to photos I take.
At this point, I should probably say that before taking up photography as a ... hobby? ... a thing to do, I used to paint, but it took a long time to produce anything, and I don't have the time at the moment, however photography allowed me a similar level of expression and it only took a small amount of a long time instead .... ;-)
« new guy | Hello ! »