Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2015, 11:17 AM   #1

A New Pentax Forums member

Hello, I would like to introduce myself.
From Poland, now living in the south of Norway.

I picked up this hobby not so long ago really. Had been taking photos before too but without knowing what I was doing, just shot in auto mode first, later got interested in thematic modes like portret, sport, macro, landscape and got interested what were the settings on these modes. Now I have full understanding how things like aperture, shutter speed and ISO relate to each other and how they influence the final result. So I am good to go now I think!

Before shot with some ancient 2 megapixel Canon camera, a few years ago Canon camera broke, so I went ahead and bought Olympus E-420, picked up some knowledge with it about techique, aperture, speed, ISO. Then camera got stolen at Norwegian airport, so I read a little what was available and picked up Pentax K5IIs, with kit lens and 35 macro Limited, later bought Pentax 55-300 as well. I am very happy with K5 as I can control all I want with dials and buttons on the body without diving into menus.

I am hoping to improve on photography reading posts of the more experienced members and seeing their photography.

Pawel

09-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! Have fun!
09-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy all that you find here.
09-04-2015, 12:45 PM   #4
Lev
Veteran Member

Welcome and congrats!

09-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France, Pawel ... hope to see some images soon ! Salut, J
09-06-2015, 03:15 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You certainly have fine equipment to start your Pentax experience. Welcome.