Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from France

After a first photographic life on 35mm film cameras like the Pentax P30, I've been a long time waiting for the return of the reflex.
So when the Pentax K200-D came out I bought a second hand one to see if my pleasure could be the same as what I felt with the 35mm. And something was missing, this thing was, first of all the sharpness, wich is different on the dslr than on 35mm and up to all, the limitation of the small size of the sensor.
But the pleasure of making photos with a reflex was back.
Quickly I sold the K200-D to buy a K-7, it was better but still frustrating.
A few years later I sold the K-7 to buy the K-5 II... Much better, quite perfect, but the sensor, still frustrating by his size and the huge depth of field that it procures. So I, as I am a rebel of the phone with an apple on it, I am a rebel of the Canikon heavy business. I've patiently waited for the Pentax full frame. And I was right, so right to wait for this fantastic machine. Now I've recovered my full pleasure to make photos. I have this pearl since a few days now and I am trying to tame it and all is pleasure with it. Pentax have made THE reflex that all the photograph would like to have, all is designed to satisfy the user, in any rate, it's my point of view.

So I'm trying to join your comunity to have some good tips, to see the fantastic work that is done by the users and to share my little experience with you.

and I apologise for my poor english, becaus I'm a little frenchie and my emglish is so so when I talk and worse when writting.

Thank you for accepting me in this forum (for information I'm moderator on a car forum, so I will respect the rules as I want them to be respected on my forum except the mistakes I could make )

06-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some of your images posted here.
06-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums, Shureeken. Your photographic journey is familiar to many of us, here. Your story of your act of rebellion with your choice of phone is interesting, because there was a time when choosing that brand was an act of rebellion, until it became the sales leader. It will be more interesting to see if Pentax also becomes a sales leader, as much as people say it is impossible, even now.

Enjoy your K-1. Many here are doing that, too.
06-25-2016, 03:28 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Welcome to the Forums, Shureeken. Your photographic journey is familiar to many of us, here. Your story of your act of rebellion with your choice of phone is interesting, because there was a time when choosing that brand was an act of rebellion, until it became the sales leader. It will be more interesting to see if Pentax also becomes a sales leader, as much as people say it is impossible, even now.
That's true for the phone, I hope so for Pentax. Thank you all for your welcome.

06-25-2016, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Shureeken Quote
I apologise for my poor english, becaus I'm a little frenchie and my emglish is so so when I talk and worse when writting.

Bonjour Shureeken. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Your English is so much better than my French !!! Many members here do not have English as their 1st language, but we all understand each other ( most of the time !!! ) Enjoy the forums.
06-26-2016, 12:52 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thank you Pjv
06-29-2016, 12:25 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, the K1 seems to be hitting the spot with many here.

07-04-2016, 10:13 AM   #8

Original Poster
Thank You Kerrowdown, this camera is really great, as I said before, I've got the K-5 II wich is already a very good stuff but the K-1 is 1 million miles better than the K-5 II. Pentax seems to build this camera regarding all the needs that a photographer would like to see on it. Every day I use it I'm impressed by it's performances. The picture below is right from the camera without post-treatment or crop and no particular condition of light, the sun was down and no tripod. It was just to test the lens. And the result is much better than with my K-5 II.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
welcome to our little corner of the world. We all come from around the world so please don't worry about your english, lots here speak english as a second or third language and as long as we can understand each other it's all good
07-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #10

Original Poster
Thank you Erika for your understanding !
07-05-2016, 11:13 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shureeken Quote
Thank you Erika for your understanding !
don't worry about it , and as far as your english goes, it's just fine, even better than many lazy native english speakers so never feel like you have to apologize for it. I dunno why people do that