Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-26-2016, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #1

total beginner checking in

hi all

i watched and read plenty of reviews, was still undecided what camera i wanted so popped to my localish camera store for some hands on

i am now the new owner of a K-S2 (if the username didn't give it away), very happy with it so far. just got to learn how to work it now tho

but that's the fun part right

07-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wecome K-s2
one of the beauties of digital is the camera teaches you. Trial and error is free
The 'EXIF' info that comes with every shot shows you what settings you used.
Get faststone free image viewer
07-26-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

welcome to the forum..

read the manual - or, even better, get the e-book:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/24-photographic-equipment-sale/295303-sal...ore-dslrs.html

then get out there and shoot!
07-26-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, you went to a camera store and left with a Pentax? A rarity but a good one.

G'day and welcome to the forums, there's plenty to discover and learn from here as you already know, so enjoy your time around the threads and don't forget to post some photos when you're ready.

Hooroo,

Tas

07-26-2016, 04:40 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard a forum filled with as friendly and helpful mates as ever you could hope to find. Read through the manual, fine, but don't worry about learning or remembering all the options. Learn just enough to get started, learn other details as you need them. I've had Pentax digital SLRs for quite a while now, and although I don't know all that can be done with any one of them, I get along OK, in my opinion (don't ask for an evaluation of my skills from any one else on this forum).

Last edited by WPRESTO; 07-26-2016 at 06:58 PM.
07-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forums. As I have done, learning from the use of my Pentax cameras and referring to information resources such as the manual and this forum, you have the opportunity to learn what techniques and methods you find perform best for your needs. Happy shooting with your new Pentax!
07-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have never seen a Pentax in a camera store, but welcome!

07-26-2016, 11:13 PM   #8
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by k-s2 Quote
but that's the fun part right

Hi k-s2. Welcome to the Pentax forums. It is most definitely the fun part. Any help you may need is only a question away. Good to have you here.
07-26-2016, 11:42 PM   #9

Hi. Welcome to P.forums. I think you'll find all your answers if you need them here. I'm no expert and have found loads of advice even without asking for it on here. Great to see you left the shop with a Pentax. Once you pick one up, it just feels right to my mind. I used to go to shops with other makes on display but never felt comfortable with them. That I can say for the K200,K5 & MX-1. Happy shooting. 👍
07-27-2016, 11:41 AM   #10

Original Poster
thank you for the welcomes and suggestions

QuoteOriginally posted by geoffw Quote
....... Great to see you left the shop with a Pentax. Once you pick one up, it just feels right to my mind. I used to go to shops with other makes on display but never felt comfortable with them. That I can say for the K200,K5 & MX-1. Happy shooting. 👍
i agree. the pentax felt a lot nicer and better made then some of the alternatives, along with the weather resistance, decision made lol and having a read around some forums it appears i'm quite lucky to have a shop local that stocks pentax
07-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by k-s2 Quote
if the username didn't give it away
Welcome, like your subtle ways.

07-29-2016, 01:08 PM   #12
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations on your K-S2! As pepperberry_farm suggested, you could do a lot worse than buying the K-S2 ebook... these guides are so much easier to read than the rather sterile product manuals, and you'll learn your camera's features a lot quicker with one. And do ask when you have questions - there are plenty of people here to help
07-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #13
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
I have never seen a Pentax in a camera store, but welcome!
I've never seen a camera store.

Welcome, "ks2" to the forums!
07-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I've never seen a camera store.

Welcome, "ks2" to the forums!

they do seem to be going the way of the...fotomat.