Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2016, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #1

Greeting from NorCal

Been lurking this site for awhile just cause it's very user friendly, thought I'd introduce myself now.

I'm a photography noob, always had a creative mind that's been surpressed for far too long, first camera was a canon xsi but I didn't even try to learn on it basically shot on auto. Now I own a Pentax k50 thanks to target clearance.

Looking forward to learning and growing with the tips and advice from everyone here.

Here is a quick snap I took , I know I need massive work as I haven't had time to learn a lot about post processing and flash and all that

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
07-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe you made a darn fine effort here. One area I have had to come to terms with is that some conditions are not favorable for good photography. Primarily that would be in harsh sunlight. It is even difficult to compensate in Post Photo Editing. A better condition would be early evening or even overcast days. As you become more skilled you may want to consider Neutral Density Filters or even Circular Polarizing Filters. Using these filters also presents another challenge.

Thanks for being onboard.

Antonio
07-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums - glad you decided to join us!

That's actually a really nice photo - composition and lighting are excellent, the colours are wonderful, exposure is spot-on and it's a lot of fun too. Nice work!
07-30-2016, 04:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice picture. The sunflowers have so much color, and the focus is right. I use TAV mode most of the time, aside from Manual mode if I want to control everything manually. You may just want to use each available mode as you desire and find what appeals to your own personal technique. Shooting and learning by trial and error is where experience happens, and your manual along with this type forum are available for reference.

Welcome to the forums!

07-30-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Creepy_Snorlax Quote
Greeting from NorCal

Hi Creepy_Snorlax. ( Good Username !! ) Welcome to the Pentax forums. Very good 1st photograph from you. Hope to see more soon.
Good to have you here.
07-31-2016, 03:21 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I don't think that I've ever seen a sunflower that size before.