Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2016, 08:36 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from the Southeast US

Hello Pentax Forums! I'm new to DSLR photography, but have dabbled in amateur photography for the last 40 years or so.

I learned to shoot with my father's Minolta SR-T 101 35mm SLR kit, which I carried on several backpacking trips in the 1970's. Began developing and printing B&W while in High School. Purchased a Pentax Program Plus and took a few Photography classes while in college, under one of Ansel Adam's former students. Unfortunately, I had to give up the darkroom when I entered the work force. Gave up film photography altogether when the electronics on the Program Plus died. I was never satisfied with commercial film prints, and figured SLR's with digital sensors would be coming soon...so I waited. In the meanwhile, suffered through years of mediocre results with point and shoot digicams.

Last November I purchased a K-3 II after months of research and deliberation. I came across Pentax Forums during that process, and found many helpful opinions here. I hope to continue to learn and grow artistically, and to be able to share ideas and experiences with others who are passionate about photography.

Peter

08-27-2016, 09:16 PM   #2
mee
Veteran Member

Welcome! There is a lot to learn but also maybe a lot to share too.

You definitely have a nice camera to get into the DSLR fray. Careful about it though.. next step is lenses... and flashes.. and accessories.. tripod.. filters.. software. haha
08-27-2016, 09:29 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Not to mention the eventual "second" camera body, the K-1 . Thanks for the welcome!
08-27-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peterman Quote
but have dabbled in amateur photography for the last 40 years or so.
Hi Peter/ Welcome to the Pentax forums. I bet you have picked up a few tricks in those 40 years !!! Hope to see some of your photographs soon, and good to have you here.

08-28-2016, 12:57 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy all that you find here.
08-28-2016, 03:04 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome Peter, and impressive launch into serious digital. Former Tennessean here, and K-3 user--love it. Looking forward to seeing more of you on the Forum!
08-28-2016, 09:19 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! Your part of the US offers a lot of great subjects to photograph, I look forward to seeing your pictures. When I discovered PF I joined the Single In group, and it encouraged me to get used to my equipment and try new ideas, and I met a lot of great people and learned a lot from them.