Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #1

Another new member

Hi to everyone. My name is Keith Head and I live in Melbourne, Australia.
I bought my first Pentax in 1982 - a Spotmatic F which I used as my main camera for several years. I confess to having become more of a collector than a photographer over recent years and have developed a special interest in vintage lenses including many cine lenses. I am looking forward to using the smaller lenses on one of the Q models which I have yet to buy - still shopping! I am also looking forward to browsing the site's assessment of old lenses.
I'm off to have a browse.
Keith

09-25-2016, 01:16 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome from the other side of the world. Lots of Pentaxians in Oz!
09-25-2016, 01:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi, Keith, and welcome to Pentax Forums. A Spotmatic F was my first new SLR, in 1974, followed by quite a few second-hand film Pentaxes, until I bought my first DSLR, a Pentax *istD, and I haven't stopped since.

In my view, they've always been well-built, and offered a little something the others didn't have.

Let's see your collection, for a start, and then maybe some photos. Regardless of that, enjoy browsing and join in the conversations when you're ready.
09-25-2016, 03:22 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Keith - welcome to the forums; great to have you with us

We have plenty of members for whom the collecting aspect is equally as important as (and in some cases more so than) photography itself - so you'll be in good company.

The Q cameras are serious photographic tools, with excellent IQ considering the sensor size. I have a few CCTV and industrial lenses that I enjoy using on the Q7 and original Q. Great fun... I'm sure you would enjoy it immensely. I'd recommend a Q7 or Q-S1 if your budget allows, simply because the slightly larger sensor will offer a wider field of view and slightly better IQ than the Q or Q10. That said, they're all excellent little cameras

Last edited by BigMackCam; 09-25-2016 at 03:39 AM.
09-25-2016, 03:33 AM   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by keithhead Quote
Another new member
Hi Keith. Welcome to the Pentax forums mate. Lots of knowledge and advice here about everything Pentax should you need it.
Good to have you aboard.
10-02-2016, 01:10 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by keithhead Quote
I confess to having become more of a collector than a photographer
Welcome, lets hope that by you signing up here, it will encourage you to go out and use these fine old lenses.
11-04-2016, 02:14 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

G'day mate and welcome to the forum

just in the process of getting a spotmatic f myself, pairing it with a takumar 50 f1.4