Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2016, 02:37 PM   #1

Hello From DE

Hello Pentax Forum.

I recently purchased my first Pentax camera and am very happy with it. I am coming from a Samsung Mirror-less NX series camera which was very nice but I wanted a viewfinder and I am not sure how long Samsung will be in the camera business. After doing lots of research I came to the conclusion that a Pentax would be best for me. The value that Pentax has is great and I wanted something that was "different" (not Nikon/Canon).

I ended up purchasing a K-50 body, Pentax DA 50mm 1.8, and Sigma DG 70-300 and have really enjoyed it so far. I am waiting for the arrival of my Tamron 17-50 2.8. While looking for lenses online my search always led me to this forum so I figured I would join, lots of great information!!

My other hobby and true passion is cars so I find myself taking a lot of pictures of them. I don't have any fancy cars just a Honda Fit, but I enjoy tinkering with it and taking pictures of it. I am an active member on a few car forums and really appreciate what forums have to offer.

I am new to the DSLR world and still learning all the in and outs of photography. I have also been playing with photo editing (Affinity Photo) which has been a challenge but lots of fun. Anyway thanks for having me, I am sure I will have some questions soon.

09-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums.
09-30-2016, 05:14 PM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day and welcome to the forums.

There's plenty of info about DSLR's and Pentax equipment here and we hope you enjoy your time discovering the many threads that interest you.

One that might be of interest and help with learning about photo editing is the Post Processing Challenge series found here: Mini-Challenges, Games, and Photo Stories - PentaxForums.com

See you around the traps.

Tas

Last edited by Tas; 09-30-2016 at 05:59 PM.
09-30-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GolNat Quote
I am new to the DSLR world and still learning all the in and outs of photography.
Hi GolNat. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Any help or advice you may need is eagerly given by this friendly and knowledgeable bunch here. Just don't be shy about asking !! Good to have you on board.

09-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!

Tas - Great tip, thanks for the link! Having pictures to work on and a goal is great for me to practice and that is the only way to get good. Just need more time in the day
10-02-2016, 03:00 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome, remember to post some of your car imagery when you get a chance.
10-03-2016, 03:36 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, remember to post some of your car imagery when you get a chance.
Thank you. I am looking for a place to post it now!

10-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by GolNat Quote
Thank you. I am looking for a place to post it now!
Here's a couple of appropriate sections.

Post Your Photos! - PentaxForums.com

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/26-mini-challenges-games-photo-stories/84...tomobiles.html
10-03-2016, 04:22 PM   #9

Original Poster
Perfect. Photos posted.
10-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #10
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello, and a belated welcome to the forums - glad you could join us.

With dual interests in photography and cars, you'll fit right in here Like you, I find forums extremely valuable, as well as enjoyable. This is the only one I frequent, but it has been a great source of friendship, entertainment, learning and technical assistance. Enjoy!
« Welcome | K-5 »