Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-01-2016, 01:24 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello

So happy to have joined, such a wealth of Pentax info!

10-01-2016, 03:29 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum! I see you live in a rather interesting place! We had a Discovery Channel program about the Outer Banks not long ago.
10-01-2016, 04:49 AM - 1 Like   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JenOBX Quote
So happy to have joined, such a wealth of Pentax info!
Hi Jennifer. Welcome to the Pentax forums. Now that you have joined up, we're looking to seeing some of your photographs and seeing your username pop up in the discussions too !!! Good to have you here.
10-01-2016, 10:12 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
The Outer Banks is a beautiful place, everyplace is... finding the beauty in wherever you may find yourself is key. I have lived in this area for 15 years and take for granted some of my basic landscapes, historical sites, and wildlife. I am new to photography with a DSLR and hope to re-experience where I live and where I may travel by paying just a little more time to the details. I have always enjoyed basic photography with my point and shoot cameras and even my phone, they say the best camera is the on you have with you. But I finally decided I need more diversity. I have been in medical imaging since 1999, and I am finding many similarities in the physics concepts if photography and my job. I am truly amazed at the results having real control over camera settings. I have had so much fun learning and experimenting after my new camera's arrival, and I know the learning and technology is endless. I am glad there are so many online resources as well as books. I ordered a Pentax K-30 after the price dropping to a price I couldn't pass up on a 'last one in stock' deal. My first camera, ages ago, was a 35mm film Pentax IQzoom, it was the best little rugged camera. After reading about Pentax years later I wanted to stay with that brand for a DSLR, weather sealed... even better. So here I am, thanking all of you for letting me be a part of a great community! Here's a few pictures of my first two days with my camera.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
10-01-2016, 11:46 PM   #5
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JenOBX Quote
finding the beauty in wherever you may find yourself is key.
Very well said Jennifer. Great 1st photographs from you.
10-02-2016, 03:12 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, perhaps we should be looking forwards to seeing some bird x-ray images from you.
10-02-2016, 04:58 PM   #7

Original Poster
You never know... I do have some x-rays of Nautilus and other sea shells, that I may have to drag out of storage.

10-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #8
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Jennifer, and welcome to the forums - great to have you with us!

Thanks for sharing your photos - I'm looking forward to seeing more