Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2016, 10:51 PM   #1

I have just joined the forum. It is a bit confusing.
i am not sure how to contact other members.
i have been a pentax user for years , and am very excited to use K1. For some reason I never liked my pictures with my K5, but loved my pictures with my leica
I am a camera collector, but am planning to sell most of my equipment and lens. Stick to Leica and Pentax, although the Sony allows me to use many of my assorted lens
In the past I have used predominately my Leica
I enjoy street photography as I travel a considerable amount

Cameras : Leica, pentax K5, Sony A7, Oly EM 5, Panasonic GH1,Nikon 90 and Canon D50 and an assortment of small digital cameras: sony, ricoh,fuji,samsung and canon

Looking forward to sharing and learning on this forum.

10-24-2016, 11:06 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-24-2016, 11:25 PM   #3
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by michael field Quote
Hi Michael. Welcome to the Pentax forums. After you have made a few posts, you will be able to contact members and also be able to edit your posts. Good to have you here.
10-25-2016, 03:19 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Michael, and welcome to the forums - great to have you with us.

Funnily enough, I'm considering an A7 or A7II at some point because of the flexibility with adapted lenses (including my A-mount Minolta AF & Sony glass). Pentax will likely always be the core of my kit - I love the way the cameras operate and the quality of the RAW files - but I do like the focus peaking on Sony EVFs; very handy with old manual lenses

10-25-2016, 06:17 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, strangely enough I was out pounding the streets today, with my K1 and my preferred lens choice for such outings, my "Street Lady" (Pentax-A 28mm F2.8) + "Unholy Alliance".
10-25-2016, 07:35 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the clubhouse, I'm sure you'll find plenty of good information here.

My favorite combination for casual shots of people is the DA21 on my K3II, it worked great on the K5 as well. Just stop it down a bit, it's really sharp and contrasty.