Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #1
Pentaxian

"How To Articles" Organization

In the grand scheme of things in the new organization of the site that is on the way... is there a place where we can find a list of the of 'how to' articles put up by members?

I think that would be extremely helpful if there was like a 'catalog' where you can go to one page and see what has been written in the past (and can be added to in the future)

For example I just happened to run across this article today:

Polarizing Filter Basics - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Despite having been a member here for a while this is the first of it's kind that I have seen. I definitely learn more from other forum members here than almost anywhere so organizing these kinds of articles into one list (and getting more of them as we go) would be an awesome addition.

(The concept I have in my head is to have a list sort of like how the lens database is laid out "A to Z" where you can just click on whatever subject suits your fancy all on one page. Not only will this make it easier for those of us interested in learning new stuff-- to find what we might not even know we need-- it will help people know what they can contribute as well.)

08-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, I'm happy to hear that our new site design got you to come across this article

The full listing can be found here (one level up in the breadcrumbs):

Resources | PentaxForums.com

Later on we will be adding the ability to sort by title, date (the current default), or views to make things easier to find.

Finally, note that our homepage material is generally not user-submitted (though I'm happy to work with individual forum members that would like to contribute), but rather staff writers.

Member-submitted articles can be found on the forum itself:

Pentax Articles | Pentax K-5 | Pentax K-r | Pentax K-x - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Well, I'm happy to hear that our new site design got you to come across this article
YUP!

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The full listing can be found here (one level up in the breadcrumbs):

Resources | PentaxForums.com

Later on we will be adding the ability to sort by title, date (the current default), or views to make things easier to find.
I got to poking around and I found that resources page. So far that looks pretty good. Whatever way we can get me to the goods easier works for me

I'm all about the instructional articles...

As far as who submits what... that doesn't really matter to me... but we have a great resource in our members, staff writers and others that contribute.

It's like I see threads such as 'how to you get macro shots' type questions (as an example) 20 times... Some of those come from new members who don't know...but if we can say get organized formal 'how to' things we can say 'read that first'...or in the case of proper use of flash or reflectors or filters or astro photography or any number of 5 zillion topics, even seasoned people can learn something useful.