Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How to attach a photo to a PM?

Member is asking for photos of an item via PM. how do I do this?

04-27-2015, 11:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PKMike Quote
Member is asking for photos of an item via PM. how do I do this?
You would need to upload them to an album, then send them a link to the file.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-28-2015, 06:04 AM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

It would be super beneficial if we could just load an image to a PM -- such as when selling items or sharing an image quickly with someone where I don't want it in an album..
04-28-2015, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
It would be super beneficial if we could just load an image to a PM -- such as when selling items or sharing an image quickly with someone where I don't want it in an album..
We actually do have the feature, it's just been disabled for security reasons. Perhaps it would be OK if we limited it to site supporters, pentaxians, and veteran members.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
We actually do have the feature, it's just been disabled for security reasons. Perhaps it would be OK if we limited it to site supporters, pentaxians, and veteran members.
I would like that if it were possible. Twice now I have responded to " Wanted Pentax Items" and been requested to send pics. Seems people are a little hesitant to send a private email without developing a rapport first. Can't say I blame anyone. Please let us know if it is decided to enable the function again. Thanks.
04-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Until then, remember that you can always create private albums. You can still link users to photos in private albums, but they won't show up in the album listings.

Adam

04-28-2015, 05:59 PM   #7
mee
Veteran Member

Ok thank you for considering it, Adam.