Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-29-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This happen to you?

You post in a thread, take the time to add a few photos and maybe commentary or ask some questions or seek help in some area. You post it and then the page turns and no one ever sees it.

Few, including myself, ever go back a page and see the last post there. Maybe I am nitpicking, but I bet it has happened to most everyone at one time or another....maybe even often? Sort of feel like you wasted your time posting it.

I'd like to see the last post on a page duplicate to the first post on the new page. Don't know if that is possible, but it sure would alleviate some frustration!

Regards!

07-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
You post in a thread, take the time to add a few photos and maybe commentary or ask some questions or seek help in some area. You post it and then the page turns and no one ever sees it.

Few, including myself, ever go back a page and see the last post there. Maybe I am nitpicking, but I bet it has happened to most everyone at one time or another....maybe even often? Sort of feel like you wasted your time posting it.

I'd like to see the last post on a page duplicate to the first post on the new page. Don't know if that is possible, but it sure would alleviate some frustration!

Regards!
That's a good idea. I usually go back a page or so to refresh my aging memory.
07-29-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by th1952 Quote
I usually go back a page or so to refresh my aging memory.
Me too. When I remember to.
07-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Me too. When I remember to.
I thought you were just a young whippersnapper? You been hiding something?

I go back a page too, but from experience, most don't, and too often I also forget to go back. Of course, I have a perfectly legit excuse...I have two bum feet.

Regards!

07-29-2015, 10:44 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, it happens to me now & then. But all you have to do is click the little white "down arrow" at the beginning of the thread title to go to the first unread post.
07-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Yes, it happens to me now & then. But all you have to do is click the little white "down arrow" at the beginning of the thread title to go to the first unread post.
Down arrow? I don't see no stinkin' down arrow....show it to me!

Otis says he likes it the way things are, when he misses one of my posts because it was last on the page, he hands out cigars to all his close buddies.

Regards!
07-29-2015, 11:46 AM   #7
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Hey, I didn't know... Thanks

One of the reasons I prefer tapatalk is that it automatically jumps to first unread post.

07-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Hey, I didn't know... Thanks

One of the reasons I prefer tapatalk is that it automatically jumps to first unread post.
Lately Tapatalk has been getting worse and worse, in my opinion. Now the forum font size is set to Helen Keller, and there's no way to change it. I've been using the web mobile skin, and I'm starting to prefer it to Tapatalk.

Whoever is behind the scenes of the forum's mobile skin: thank you! Its aesthetics and functionality are REALLY impressive. I'm ready to ditch Tapatalk entirely. If only the mobile skin could send notifications...
07-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fat Albert Quote
I've been using the web mobile skin, and I'm starting to prefer it to Tapatalk.
I gave up on Tapatalk in favor of the mobile skin months ago.
07-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Down arrow? I don't see no stinkin' down arrow....show it to me!
I don't see one either! Where is it?
07-29-2015, 01:56 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's a screenshot of my subscribed threads. The arrow is just to the left of the thread title. Clicking it will take you to the first unread post. If there isn't an arrow, it means you've already read the latest post.

07-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
I don't see one either! Where is it?
I think he's referring to the arrow in front of the thread title on each fourum's index page. The color of the arrow will vary depending on what scheme you're using.
Attached Images

07-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #13
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok, guys, now I see it; thanks!!
07-29-2015, 09:20 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That still doesn't give any attention to the last post on the previous page. If you make the last post, it is as good as buried. I see it all the time, it is very common. The best thing to do if you have a post that needs an answer or you want to be seen is to wait until the page turns. Or...post a naked girl in it and Otis will surely find it and give a lengthy reply!

Regards!
08-01-2015, 12:43 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Maybe there's a way to have the 'last page' button present the last rolling 12 posts. Someone who knows about the webpage programming might be able to comment on that possibility.