Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Unable to delete attachments - and I need to FREE up space!

Help!! - For some reason I am unable to delete some very old attachments. I would like to be able to do this to free up my user space. I know where to go to manage my attachments, but the problem is, there is no checkbox available beside the ones I want to delete - see screenshot attached - oh wait - I can't even upload a screenshot showing the problem because I don't have enough FREE attachment space - grrrrr, frustrating! Some attachments have a checkbox allowing me to select them for deletion, but there are 4 or 5 there that do not show a checkbox, and I am therefore unable to select them for deletion.

05-01-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The only photos of mine that can't be deleted are those that won or placed in the monthly photo contests. If that is the case with yours, you may have to get Adam involved. You might also try posting this in the site suggestion and help thread.
05-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
You might also try posting this in the site suggestion and help thread.
Where is that thread located?? I was looking for something like that.
05-01-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slr_neophyte Quote
Where is that thread located?? I was looking for something like that.
It is the second thread in the off-topic forums at the bottom of the page.

05-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your post is now in the correct forum, Site help.
05-01-2016, 02:13 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Help!! - For some reason I am unable to delete some very old attachments. I would like to be able to do this to free up my user space. I know where to go to manage my attachments, but the problem is, there is no checkbox available beside the ones I want to delete - see screenshot attached - oh wait - I can't even upload a screenshot showing the problem because I don't have enough FREE attachment space - grrrrr, frustrating! Some attachments have a checkbox allowing me to select them for deletion, but there are 4 or 5 there that do not show a checkbox, and I am therefore unable to select them for deletion.
It looks like you have 3 recent attachments totaling about half your space. Those can be deleted here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editattachments

If you plan to share photos on the forum frequently, consider donating to greatly increase your attachment space

I'm seeing that most of your uploads are in the 600-800Kb range. If you compress and/or make your resolution a bit smaller, you should be able to get files down to the 300-400Kb range to make room for more attachments.

Also, you have plenty of unused space in the Albums:
PentaxForums.com - Member Photo Albums

Album photos can easily be added to your forum posts after you upload them. Just go back and start a thread, then click on "insert album photos" below the smilie box.

If you donate, your album quota will also be increased significantly. Hope this helps!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It looks like you have 3 recent attachments totaling about half your space. Those can be deleted here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editattachments

!
It's the three most recent ones that I want to keep - because I'm currently getting help with that thread. You didn't tell me how I can delete or at least move the other ones.

05-01-2016, 05:01 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It's the three most recent ones that I want to keep - because I'm currently getting help with that thread. You didn't tell me how I can delete or at least move the other ones.
They can only be deleted by a moderator since they're contest submissions. I will move them to an album for you later today.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They can only be deleted by a moderator since they're contest submissions. I will move them to an album for you later today.
@ Adam - thank you!
05-07-2016, 08:21 AM   #10

This thread has the answers I was looking for. Thanks!