Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2016, 04:57 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens sample photo archive for FF?

Right now the pictures taken with lenses on K-1 are spread all around, and it's hard to check on specific lens specifically on Pentax FF.
How about to have sample archive separate for lenses on Pentax FF?

05-27-2016, 06:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
@micromacro

That is ready to go in the Lens Sample Photo Archive, for manual lenses on K-1. Members need only start a thread with each manual lens and the Moderator will add the new thread to an Index. Once the thread is created and Indexed samples can be added by any member. Of course, with K-1 only in our hands for about three weeks this is a work in progress.

Images from Automatic lenses (F and newer) on K-1 are indexed and searchable over the entire Forum using the Lens and Camera Sample Photo Search Engine. A search creates an array of clickable thumbnails linked to the image wherever it is posted in the Forum.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-27-2016 at 06:39 AM.
05-28-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Right now the pictures taken with lenses on K-1 are spread all around, and it's hard to check on specific lens specifically on Pentax FF.
How about to have sample archive separate for lenses on Pentax FF?
I requested tags to specify FF or APS-C but no one wanted that. It is a key feature imo..
05-28-2016, 08:15 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I requested tags to specify FF or APS-C but no one wanted that. It is a key feature imo..
Isn't this effectively accomplished through monochrome's separate threads for full frame photos?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-29-2016, 05:07 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How do I set up a table in a post. Since monochrome has not maintained the index, I was thinking to merge the index for the archive with that for the full frame index. I would take the existing archive, put it in a 3 column table, with a column for the lens description, a column for the general archive links and a column for the full frame links

I have tried copying the formatting used by lary (crewl) for the Q samples but it does not seem to work for me. I would do most of the cut paste etc in a text editor
06-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I have to admit that I've never used photo archive search engine before.
It really helps, but with K, M, or M42 lenses is not helpful to figure out which manual lens has been used.