Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Jumping around

After loading a thread and trying to read postings, more photos begin loading, and my computer jumps me down the thread away from the posting I am trying to read . . . so i thumb back to the top of the thread and again try to read the new posting, but it jumps again and again. I find this quite inconvenient, and wonder if there is anything that can be done about it.

Thanks for your response.

Thread URL: all threads with photos

10-28-2016, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I find that the site only does that to me as the photos are loading - once all the photos on the page load, it's done jumping about...
10-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a tough problem to solve and it affects virtually any site with user-submitted images that are linked externally.

I've implemented a few measures to fix jumpy attachment images, but there's not much that can be done about threads that contain linked images.

One side-effect of these measures is that the mobile skin will now always stretch images to the full page width, even if this would exceed their original width. The desktop version of the site should be unaffected since its images aren't scaled.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: