Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2015, 10:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Prints on Metal (Nations Photo Lab ?)

I had a few metal prints done at AdoramaPix, and the results were outstanding.

A few done from somewhere else from a Groupon promo, which were nowhere near as nice. Much thinner metal, and not as good of a printing process.

Has anyone had Metal Prints done at Nation's Photo Lab? I have seen others speak highly of the company for regular prints - wondering if anyone had experience with them for prints on metal ? There regular prices beat AdoramaPix's sale prices.

Thanks
Metal Photo Prints-Aluminum Printed Photographs- Waterproof- NPL

11-28-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Site Supporter

What are metal prints used for?
11-28-2015, 11:41 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't know if you do any of your own prints but Red River paper have a metallic finish photo paper you use with ink jet printers. If the final print will be framed theY work really nice. I have printed 13x19 sized prints from my Epson 1400 and they are very nice looking. Just an option to try if you plan on doing much of them.
11-29-2015, 04:01 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My wife has her metal prints done through Bay Photo and they have excellent quality. Not sure about Nation's Photo Lab, though.

11-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by phillydad Quote
I had a few metal prints done at AdoramaPix, and the results were outstanding.

A few done from somewhere else from a Groupon promo, which were nowhere near as nice. Much thinner metal, and not as good of a printing process.

Has anyone had Metal Prints done at Nation's Photo Lab? I have seen others speak highly of the company for regular prints - wondering if anyone had experience with them for prints on metal ? There regular prices beat AdoramaPix's sale prices.

Thanks
Metal Photo Prints-Aluminum Printed Photographs- Waterproof- NPL
To answer your question NPL is the company I use for all of my professional print work since quitting printing them myself a few years ago. If you are going to color correct them yourself make sure you get a copy of their ICC profile to proof your pictures prior to printing otherwise have them color correct.

Edit: I wouldn't try color correcting or proofing unless you have a well calibrated system. If not then let them color correct you wont be dissatisfied with their corrections.

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 11-29-2015 at 07:05 AM.