Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2016, 01:22 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Affinity Photo Software being released for Windows

So, I am not a Mac user, but Affinity Photo software is being released for Windows as a beta on June 30 - they say for $50.... Apple users say it's pretty good.
QuoteQuote:
Affinity Photo is easily the closest thing to Photoshop that’s not made by Adobe. Until recently, it was also only available to Apple users.

06-27-2016, 05:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, io. Signed up for the beta so we'll see how it goes.
06-28-2016, 06:26 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for calling our attention to this. I also signed up for the Beta. Looks promising.
06-30-2016, 06:37 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
So, I am not a Mac user, but Affinity Photo software is being released for Windows as a beta on June 30 - they say for $50.... Apple users say it's pretty good.

Don't get too excited yet. Had me fooled, also. This is Affinity Designer, a graphics program. This is not Affinity photo that is being released as a Windows beta. I downloaded and installed the beta, and was surprised to see a very nice graphic program. Hopefully the photo version will follow.

06-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Don't get too excited yet. Had me fooled, also. This is Affinity Designer, a graphics program. This is not Affinity photo that is being released as a Windows beta. I downloaded and installed the beta, and was surprised to see a very nice graphic program. Hopefully the photo version will follow.
:'-(
06-30-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The page for signing up does indicate that they will notify when the beta for the photo is available. Not sure how big of a company they are and if they would overlap betas.
07-23-2016, 08:10 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I asked them on their Facebook page, and they said the Photo beta should come later this year.

07-23-2016, 05:47 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I have been debating about getting PS in order to do layers / compositing, essentially GPS Milky Way with Landscape shots. I saw a video on Affinity doing just this, so I am inclined to wait and at least try it out. I want to do everything in at least 16 bit, so other than waiting a bit more, I have nothing to loose. If it doesn't work - I can still just order PS CC.