07-30-2016, 04:01 AM   #1

Tethering mode - DNA softaware

Hi,

DNA software offert a Windows MacOS LR pugin of almost any camera

Here is versions I'm runing actualy:

- Pentax K5 firmeware 1.16
- Mac book pro OSX 10.9.5
- Lightroom 5.2 + plugin DSN for LR

First I tried LR 6 + plugin DSN for LR 6 It did not worked.

I update my Pentax from firmeware 1.06 (I did "t remenmber exactly witch one in fact) to 1.16 and I tried again >>> it did not worked.

I tried to instal successivly :
- LR 5.0 + plugin DSN for LR 5 >>> it did not worked.
- LR 5.2 + plugin DSN for LR 5 >>> it did not worked.

Then I tried ON MY Windows PC os:
- LR 5.0 + plugin DSN for LR 5 >>> it WORKED.

SO, anay one herea has a success installation en Mac os ?
What is the reason of installation fall on Mac os?
Is there a specific combination betwwen version of lightroom and version of DNA Sofware to work ? ( I tried may version of LR because DNA plug is quite old and had been developed probably based on a specific version of Loghtroom whos for the next version wont work);

Thx.

---------- Post added 07-30-16 at 04:10 AM ----------

Hi,

DNA software offert a Windows MacOS LR pugin of almost any camera

Here is versions I'm runing actualy:

- Pentax K5 firmeware 1.16
- Mac book pro OSX 10.9.5
- Lightroom 5.2 + plugin DSN for LR

First I tried LR 6 + plugin DSN for LR 6 It did not worked.

I update my Pentax from firmeware 1.06 (I did "t remenmber exactly witch one in fact) to 1.16 and I tried again >>> it did not worked.

I tried to instal successivly :
- LR 5.0 + plugin DSN for LR 5 >>> it did not worked.
- LR 5.2 + plugin DSN for LR 5 >>> it did not worked.

Then I tried ON MY Windows PC os:
- LR 5.0 + plugin DSN for LR 5 >>> it WORKED.

SO, anay one herea has a success installation en Mac os ?
What is the reason of installation fall on Mac os?
Is there a specific combination betwwen version of lightroom and version of DNA Sofware to work ? ( I tried may version of LR because DNA plug is quite old and had been developed probably based on a specific version of Loghtroom whos for the next version wont work);

Thx.

---------- Post added 07-30-16 at 04:12 AM ----------

Last edited by photolady95; 07-30-2016 at 04:54 AM. Reason: removed offensive language
08-02-2016, 04:22 PM   #2

Original Poster
Waww... Stop answering plz this is too much.
08-02-2016, 04:42 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would you please explain what DNA software you're talking about? Or did you mean DNG software, which is an extension name of your photo.
08-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #4

Original Poster
DNA Software is a plugin who make the link between your Pentax and an operataing systeme ( Mac or PC) and Lightroom.
It works actually aproximatly well on PC but shows probleme on Mac OsX.
As expalained up here I said that in my cas ( my hard/software configuration ) my K5 is detected but I can't acces anay parameter.
So I posted here in order to get any information about the configuration somewho it works: witch version of Mac Osx? witch version of Lightroom etc.

Last edited by photolady95; 08-02-2016 at 08:40 PM.
08-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the explanation. I have no ideas for you but now that you've explained it a bit more, perhaps others will be able to help you.
08-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #6

Have you contacted DNA Software?

Tethered Capture From Lightroom with Sony Alpha A700, A850, A900 or A99 FAQ - DNA Software
08-02-2016, 10:43 PM   #7

Original Poster
Yes. No answer.

---------- Post added 08-02-16 at 10:49 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by [URL="http://dslrsoftware.com/q1.php":
Tethered Capture From Lightroom with Sony Alpha A700, A850, A900 or A99 FAQ - DNA Software[/URL]
I see what you mean here... but K5 has not this king of connected option. Simply a choice between Usb MSC and Usb PTP. ( don't you should know that ? ).

08-05-2016, 03:33 PM   #8
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Johonyx Quote
Yes. No answer.

---------- Post added 08-02-16 at 10:49 PM ----------

I see what you mean here... but K5 has not this king of connected option. Simply a choice between Usb MSC and Usb PTP. ( don't you should know that ? ).
Afaik there is no way to remotely access the functions in the K-5 in a usable way for tethering because of the way it was built/programmed. But I don't know anything about the software you are describing.
01-27-2017, 11:35 AM   #9

I just started trying to tether my K5II S to my MAC lap top, From what I have gathered that the only working way to tether is using a PC and a DNA software package.
This is a problem for me.

recomendations ?

I am looking to pick up a K1 in this year but am having 2nd thoughts based on the support I am seeing on my K5.
01-02-2018, 04:25 PM - 1 Like   #10

Photos: Albums
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd check and see if anyone is using DNA software successfully. I have a K-5 and am using LR5. From time-to-time I've searched online to see if anyone has developed a good tethering option yet. (I was never all that impressed with PK-Tether) The most recent time I looked, I stumbled across the Tether Tools website DNA Software – Tether Tools and they had a link to DNA which looked like it would meet my needs.

I downloaded the demo and other than the very large and ugly watermark, it appeared to work fine until the 5th shot when it locked up transferring the image. I was shooting RAW so switched to jpg which seemed to address the issue. I'm sure it's not as good as native software would be but before I pay for the official working version, I thought I'd check here to see if anyone is using it and cares to share their experience.

Hoping this will tide me over until I can justify a K-1. ;-)

Last edited by SimplyCreativePhotography; 01-02-2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: clarity
01-04-2018, 07:44 PM - 1 Like   #11

Photos: Albums
So, for 39.99 USD, I decided to give it a shot. Wish I had a few years ago. With Lightroom 5 (Windows Version 64 Bit) and my Pentax K-5, it works just fine. I purchased a 15' USB extending cable to reach my laptop/monitor.

While the software isn't very advanced in terms of being able to change settings on my camera remotely (it can't) it does do the important thing it was supposed to. Namely, it allows me to take a picture, and see the results on a full-sized screen in LR, which makes it much easier to tweak my setup. I can bump my strobes up a little and confirm right away on a proper screen if I've got a nice pure white background. Shooting in RAW has not been an issue with the paid version.

If tethering is important to you and you didn't think there were any options for older Pentax cameras into Lightroom, this is good news. Why it took a random piece of hacked coded to make it possible rather than Pentax making it available is beyond me. They would have been smart to promote this (or buy it out and sell it as their own solution) to satisfy potential users who stayed away because they needed tethering. I didn't "need" it, but I sure am having fun with it!