Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Minolta Dimage II scanner on Windows 10?

Just curious here, but I cleaned house over the last few months and also upgraded my old PC which was running XP to a new one. I expected some issues with the Minolta scanner, only because it is really old, has anyone managed to get a an old scanner from the XP days to work in a 64 bit environment?

Note I know that Minolta stopped supporting scanners when they sold the imaging business to Sony, back a dozen years ago. Just wondering?

I suppose I should have kept one old PC just to run it, but it is only really in case I ever do mor film or not, as it already scanned my 20,000 film images

08-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There are some programs that claim to have drivers for all sorts of scanners (Vuescan comes to mind). Alternatively, you could run Windows 2000 or XP in a virtual machine on your current PC. Dual boot Linux may be an option as well, but I don't know how well that would work.
08-24-2016, 09:53 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

There used to be a custom (user-written) driver available for Windows 7 (64-bit) floating around the Web that should work for Win 10. I did a quick search search today, but was unable to find a current source. That is a shame since I have been using a similar solution with good success for my Nikon 5000 ED.

Vuescan?

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux

Steve
08-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This got the Dual Scan 4 running on vista, Might cross over or you might rewrite

Minolta DiMage Scan Dual IV [Solved] - Fixya

Good Luck

08-24-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
cpk
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vuescan will do the trick. I used that scanner with VueScan years ago. Never used the Minolta software. VueScan uses its own drivers. I am currently using VueScan with a Nikon CoolScan 4000, an Epson V700, and an Epson 2450 on a Windows 10 system.
08-26-2016, 12:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cpk Quote
Vuescan will do the trick. I used that scanner with VueScan years ago. Never used the Minolta software. VueScan uses its own drivers. I am currently using VueScan with a Nikon CoolScan 4000, an Epson V700, and an Epson 2450 on a Windows 10 system.
seems to work just fine for the minolta thanks
08-26-2016, 02:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

As I posted in another thread a couple of days ago, I'm using my old SCSI Nikon LS1000 with VueScan Pro and WIN 10 Pro 64-bit.

12-24-2016, 03:03 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
There used to be a custom (user-written) driver available for Windows 7 (64-bit) floating around the Web that should work for Win 10. I did a quick search search today, but was unable to find a current source. That is a shame since I have been using a similar solution with good success for my Nikon 5000 ED. Vuescan?

I have a Dimage IV scanner that I had working under Windows 7 64bit. After upgrading to Windows 10 the scanner and scan utility stopped working. Yesterday I installed VueScan and, as others have reported, that worked nicely. The thing is that now I can start the Dimage Scan utility and it everything workes like before the upgrade.