Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #1
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Transferring post-processed photos to cell phone using Image Sync

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with everyone how I send bulk photos that were processed in Lightroom to my cell phone.
Maybe share your method, in case there is a faster way?

I'm using a Pentax K-S2 in this example, but I would imagine it would work with any Pentax with wifi.
Also, I am assuming Image Sync is already installed and working on your iPhone.

Backstory: I often show people my photography using my iPhone. I own Adobe Lightroom 6 (not the creative cloud/CC version) and after post-processing I would have to email the photos to myself to get them on my iPhone. This take a long time, especially when I have lots of photos and I can only attach 2 or 3 images to an email without using a 'large files sender' such as DropBox or GoogleDrive. I have found a way using Image Sync to speed this process up.

1) Format your SD card in your dslr, then take a single picture.
2) Put the SD card into your computer and open the device in a window, open the DCIM folder, then open the folder you created by taking that picture in first step.
3) Open the window where you have saved exported Lightroom jpegs, then click and drag selected jpegs into the SD folder, eject the card.
4) Put the SD card back into your camera turn, on the wifi, choose the camera's wifi on your iPhone, open up Image Sync.
5) In Image Sync, select the bottom middle mode button, and the boxes/check button at the top, select multiple images.
6) Press down and hold on any of the images and a menu pops up, choose the left cell phone option, wait for transfer to complete.
7) Images are now available in your iPhone's photo gallery.

The transfer time still takes awhile, but it's way faster than sending individual emails of all my photos..

How do you transfer photos? Please tell me if there is a faster way!

Cheers,

08-28-2016, 12:34 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Google drive would probably be way faster Just upload your photos after processing and grab them from your phone. Or, a direct transfer if you have a dock/usb cord for your phone.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I upload to Flickr and use the Flickr phone app to view or share if I have to use my phone.

Alternatively, Bluetooth or USB.

Steve
08-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I upload to Flickr and use the Flickr phone app to view or share if I have to use my phone.
Alternatively, Bluetooth or USB.
Steve
I do this also, don't have to waste storage space on the phone. And the Flickr app works really well. If you need them in your phone's storage, Dropbox is fast also.

08-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

same here - upload to Flickr and view with phone or tablet...
08-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Ditto, Flickr. Flickr also lets you download the images, so you can attach them to a text or whatever for sharing. When you download your image to your phone's storage from Flickr, it prompts you to select what size you want to download, so you don't always have to store the BIGGEST one on your phone's limited memory. It's nice!
08-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dropbox, Flickr, google drive, etc.

08-28-2016, 02:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with everyone how I send bulk photos that were processed in Lightroom to my cell phone.
Maybe share your method, in case there is a faster way?

I'm using a Pentax K-S2 in this example, but I would imagine it would work with any Pentax with wifi.
Also, I am assuming Image Sync is already installed and working on your iPhone.

Backstory: I often show people my photography using my iPhone. I own Adobe Lightroom 6 (not the creative cloud/CC version) and after post-processing I would have to email the photos to myself to get them on my iPhone. This take a long time, especially when I have lots of photos and I can only attach 2 or 3 images to an email without using a 'large files sender' such as DropBox or GoogleDrive. I have found a way using Image Sync to speed this process up.

1) Format your SD card in your dslr, then take a single picture.
2) Put the SD card into your computer and open the device in a window, open the DCIM folder, then open the folder you created by taking that picture in first step.
3) Open the window where you have saved exported Lightroom jpegs, then click and drag selected jpegs into the SD folder, eject the card.
4) Put the SD card back into your camera turn, on the wifi, choose the camera's wifi on your iPhone, open up Image Sync.
5) In Image Sync, select the bottom middle mode button, and the boxes/check button at the top, select multiple images.
6) Press down and hold on any of the images and a menu pops up, choose the left cell phone option, wait for transfer to complete.
7) Images are now available in your iPhone's photo gallery.

The transfer time still takes awhile, but it's way faster than sending individual emails of all my photos..

How do you transfer photos? Please tell me if there is a faster way!

Cheers,
I think all you getting by the way you have shown are thumbnails not the full processed version of the images.
I use Dropbox on Android phone. Daughter uses Google photos I think on iPhone.

RONC